How To Increase FPS?

Hello!
I’ve been working on a game and starting off with a dungeon map.I made it with a low poly style but when i tried to play it my fps is 10-17 with 5 bar graphic.

Is there anyway to increase the fps without changing the mesh?

Game: Dungeon 2 - Roblox

Thanks For Reading

7 Likes

You could go Inside the game and turn the Graphics Quality low and the game will be more efficient but it might not look High-Quality

1 Like

yea but i uses future light and if i low the gra[hic the futrue light wont show

1 Like

I was getting a stable 60 FPS on my low-mid end gaming system, so I don’t know if this will be an issue on all systems, at least on PC. Perhaps you could share your system specifications?

Future is currently still being tweaked and optimized i think, and we will probably see some better performance when using the lighting engine in the future. :wink:

I did notice a few things that could probably be optimized in your building. For example the stone meshes in your walls all seem to be seperate stones which will greatly increase the amount of triangles the client has to render. Try keeping your lowpoly builds lowpoly and remember that roblox is not an engine for detailed and high poly models, but rather an engine for learning to optimize your modelling.

Here is an article roblox made on improving performance.

1 Like

I got 50 fps with 5 graphic bar but when i leave and join again fps droped to 17

1 Like

No issues like the ones you mentioned. I have a pretty regular, if not below average PC:

• Ryzen 3 1200
  • 8 GB DDR4
  • Nvidia GT 1030

Edit: are you sure Studio isn’t eating your ram/CPU?

1 Like

Is it just happening in Roblox Studio?

1 Like

You need to know how to manage the tris in ur game or models/buildings

1 Like

no roblox my fps is 17 lol thx for ur reply

my fps was 50 but when i ask my sister to test my game (her laptop is better) her fps is 17 then when i leave and join my fps drop to 17 too

Screenshot (1200)

i already use decimate in blender to decrease the triangles

Whats ur sisters laptop if you mind telling me and yours

my lapto spec is 12gb ram Intel(R) core ™ i3- 7020U CPU @ 2.30Ghz Radeon 520 series

my sis is 12 gb ram intel(R)core ™ i5 - 10210U CPU @ 1.60hz

and everytime i play the map my network receive became low (red) but green on other games

Even though it won’t make a difference if your getting 10-17 fps, try getting Fps Unlocker if you haven’t.

Already did but still no difrences

Your computer specs are most likely too weak, using fps unlocker I get 180 - 210 fps on max graphics

Specs:
CPU: i7 10750h
GPU: 1660ti
Ram: 16gb ram @ 2666

@Rooboct FPS unlocker removes the built in roblox cap for framerate, not allowing it to go over 60. If they can’t even reach the 60 mark FPS unlocker won’t make a difference.

Your sister seems to have a better core and I think that the new Future lighting on Roblox doesn’t entire utilize the GPU and more the CPU than other engines, so that could explain it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the fps unlocker removes vSYNC or something, also I would highly recommend looking into using alt enter, sadly it is currently disabled, you need to change a flag, but it’s worth it.

2 Likes