How to install foreman for mac!

FOR FUTURE READERS:
If you are in my spot it’s cuz Foreman is trash and hard to install for Mac but here’s the tutorial:

1. in the terminal type in sudo nano ~/.zprofile assuming you’re using zsh if not, do sudo nano ~/.bash_profile then in there paste in:

# foreman
    export PATH=$HOME/.foreman/bin:$PATH

use control + x then press y and then enter to save and exit the file.

2. next in the terminal type sudo nano .zshenv if you are zsh if not, then do sudo nano .bashenv and type in:

# foreman
    path+=("$HOME/.foreman/bin")

use control + x then press y and then enter to save and exit the file.

3. Next in the terminal do mkdir ~/.foreman/ then do cd ~/.foreman and then do open .. Once inside this folder create a bin folder and put the Arm64 or Max86 foreman file you got from the foreman Git Hub releases page. Make sure it’s the extracted file not the zipped file! Then go back out of the bin file and create a foreman.toml file do this by in terminal typing cd ~/.foreman again to ensure you are in the folder then doing touch foreman.toml edit this file with vs code or notepad or whatever and type in it:

[tools]
    rojo = { source = "rojo-rbx/rojo", version = "7" }
    selene = { source = "Kampfkarren/selene", version = "x" }
    wally = { source = "UpliftGames/wally", version = "0.3.1" }

this is a global toml file and it is completely optional. You will make a similar file each time you create a new project and wish to use foreman; you could add remodel or other tools if you use them.

4. Now that your folder is complete, run cd ~/.foreman again to ensure you are in the folder one last time; and in the terminal run chmod +x . then sudo chmod 755 foreman

5. Lastly run cd ~ and you should be able to use foreman -h and have foreman installed!

If you know anything about this topic feel free to correct me on things and I’ll make updates accordingly, as I am not very knowledgeable on this topic but suffered through the 4 hours it took me of head scratchin’ to get it working.

2 Likes

You might want to consider moving this topic to #resources instead of its current category.

6 Likes

What is Foreman?

lollllllcharrssss
1 Like

its for external roblox packages to install such like for rojo.

1 Like

Great post! This topic goes in #resources just to let you know.

1 Like