How to invite testing users without making the experience public?

I’m trying to work out how to invite a small pool of testers to play an Experience before it’s been publicly released.

My Experience is currently set to Private. I’ve invited a bunch of testing users into my Group as Team Members, which allows them to play the game, but the trouble is, that also allows them to Edit the experience which I don’t want to them to be able to do.

When you edit the Role permissions, I would expect there to be an option to allow users in a given role to be able to Play group experiences, and another option to allow them to Edit group experiences. But this doesn’t seem to be the case. There’s only “Create and edit group experiences” which you have to grant if you want them to be able to play group experiences at all. Seems nuts.

How do people typically run invite-only testing of experiences before making them public and without giving everyone edit access?

4 Likes

Hi there, I don’t think there is a feature for that and you should request it in #feature-requests.
However, as a workaround, I think setting it public but making it so that it kicks out everyone not in your Group with a Testing role using an if statement would basically do the same.

Hope I helped!

Use the group, to group-lock the game or rank-lock to on a certain rank.
One of the groups I tested for had AccessKey that you need to enter into the testing game.

I remember playing a very no no game once like a long time ago and you would have to have a code to teleport to the actual game (game would have to be made public tho)

I never actual used the “code” btw

Hmm… so there’s no way of doing this without making the game public, and then booting out the wrong people if they try and open it? That doesn’t exactly send a welcoming message to new potential players.

Worked it out.
The granular permissions controls are accessed via the Collaborate button top right in Roblox Studio.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.