How to keep the blocks from fading?

When I put a block inside something so that it’s surface is on the same plane as the other part’s surface, it flickers from some camera points… how could I prevent this from happening? An example of this would be when building a house… the door shouldn’t be on a separate plane from the house so I put it on the same plane and sometimes from some camera views it disappears.

This is what it is sometimes.
And below that picture is what it should be.
RobloxScreenShot20191009_214118404 RobloxScreenShot20191009_214133450

Hey, so the problem I assume you’re having is when objects/parts are placed in the same position they flicker. The solution would be as simple as moving your part on a different surface, or moving it slightly to another direction. Though this may not be the solution you’re looking for and providing a screenshot or opening the place can help others with coming up with one.

1 Like

I uploaded the pictures… hope this helps.

Yes, did you try what I suggested, when parts sides are on the same axis position it will flicker. Try expanding the side of the door that’s flickering slightly away from the wall so they’re not on the same position. Or another solution could be creating a union, But that could lead to taking up unnecessary memory and if you’re not sure how to union I suggest watching a video on youtube or something of the sort, or doing as I said before.

I know how to union… that’s a good idea(to change the size). Let me try that.

Forming a union does work… however I agree with you that the union is taking up unnecessary memory. I tried your first suggestion and it didn’t work. Is there a more memory efficient way of accomplishing this?

Building on what @Shunnz said, another thing you can do simply do is move the position 0.005 (I believe it is this or either 0.006) forward. This would allow you to keep them visibly on the same plane, as it only moves it the minimum amount to stop flicker. You can accomplish this by going in the properties menu of the part, and then going to data > position and adjusting it on whichever axis you needed to move it forward (from what you posted it looks like you would need to adjust the Z value).

Here is where it would be for reference.

The reasons why you would do this versus another method is that it is the cheapest in terms of parts used (no unions or wall splitting), and it also still looks aesthetically pleasing as well (visually on the same plane, which I believe is what you were going for).

3 Likes

Odd, I’m pretty confident that the problem you’re dealing with is the one stated before. Another way that I can think of to fix this problem to 100% fix this problem would be enabling the collision property in the model window : Collision and moving your part outside of the wall, and sizing it down to be put against the wall. Then disabling the collision property afterwards if needed (you probably will).

This worked. Thanks for all the help! The only thing is though it only just let me make the changes for the decimal values for the z axis… before it moved it a full 1 stud from where it was without letting me do an inbetween. I think I probably was making some mistake… I’ll figure it out.

2 Likes

Glad I could help, just make sure to mark one of the posts that helped as a Solution so people don’t come back to this trying to help a solved problem. Also The reason i believe this happened is because you listened to my collision suggestion, then used @Phenomizon suggestion which would prevent you from moving the part towards a position already taken when using the properties tab (disable the collision property that I showed before if activated.)

You should be able to adjust just the Z value after expanding the position menu with the little grey arrow right next to the text.

From there you can just adjust the value after the decimal point, and if the value is a whole number then just type .005 after it. You also may need to subtract that much from the value, depending on which direction the face you want it appearing is.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that if you wanted the door to appear on the other side as well, then you could just change the size to an increase of 0.01. That would add 0.005 to either side and effectively get the effect you wanted on either side.