How to link admin to discord sever

If Roblox really allowed Discord integrations, then I don’t get how that happened:

Once again, the resposne is literally from January 2020. I don’t see how it’s outdated. I still do think this screenshot it’s true. If you don’t, that’s fine, but that ain’t my concern. :man_shrugging: Moreover, it doesn’t mean that Discord domains aren’t blacklisted by the HTTPService that you’re allowed to use them. It would be a complete pain for Roblox engineers to find EVERY single websites/APIs that are against their Terms and blacklist them. That’s the job of the game creator to make sure their script is legitimate to the ToS.

Hmm… Discord or roblox blacklisted discordsapi link last I recall, you’d have to use a third-party link to postasync your messages.

and like I said it depends on the admin he’s using, some you can use a listener for a command to be ran off it, otherwise you can listen for the prefix being said at the start of the chat, and go off that, or listen for specific key command words and from there post a PostAsync using a discord webhook (this can always be used by a third-party link which then redirects it to DiscordAPI) which will post your message.

Current posts can have outdated information.

If you looked closely at the e-mail screenshot, it says January 3.

No year, therefore there’s no way to confirm it. On a side note, it isn’t a pain for roblox engineers to block a single link in their backend, it’s like adding a word into the filter.

I guess filtering wouldn’t need to matter, since it is technically a 13+ app, if he wanted to add a filter to his words he could, but its extra-sensitive then roblox chat itself with words.

I know last time I used a Discord Webhook I needed to use a third-party webhook domain to redirect the data to actually DiscordAPI since roblox blacklisted any http requests from the link itself.

If they find out your doing this though, I think he can get banned.

Discord used to have Roblox blocked from their API, they may have blocked Roblox again

Indeed, I believe it is, because a month ago I had to have a redirect link just to get rid of a error with sending http requests.

There is a work around to make it work but you can’t be certain it’ll work for good.

We can not assist @ant244612 any further until he addresses what admin system he runs ingame.

@ant244612 if you could please @ me when you’re on next with that information, it would be greatly appreciated so I could get you a solution, or any of the lovely gents or ladies here can help, as some admins can run plugins off their scripts whilst some don’t and need a listener from chat service to log the commands.

1 Like

I’ve checked, seems like Roblox’s servers are blacklisted by Discord again. @OP Would need to use a proxy, it still wouldn’t be against Roblox’s ToS afaik.

You are that Roblox hasn’t blocked Discord API?

1 Like

Correct, Roblox is not blacklisting Discord, I think it’s the other way around.

I mean - I don’t think the year in the screenshot matter that much. Because the response was literally created on the same date and around the same time.

Fair enough, I guess? But I’d rather not assume what’s all behind the scene because I’m not a Roblox engineer. But I don’t think it’s as simple as just adding a word into the filter. There are surely a lot of games using webhooks, and if they just blacklist it like that, all these games are going to be broken and not function properly. It’s true that they could just make a notice beforehand, but it means they’d have to do it for every websites they’re going to blacklist in the future. Let’s say someone was using an explicit api for no real reason? If they are going to make a notice about that website being blacklisted, it would expose a ton of users to this explicit website. So, I’d have to partially disagree, it shouldn’t be as simple as adding a word into the filter as it can affect a lot of games.

If you still don’t think this screenshot is accurate, good for you, but I’m still thinking it’s accurate. If you absolutely want to proof me wrong, you are always able to contact Roblox support and show me.

Ah alright, so @op has an option to use a proxy or to have a domain link which redirects the json parse to discordAPI

1 Like

Let’s stop going in circles yeah?

To sum up:

• Discord webhooks are allowed, but they should not be used for logging.

and finally,

Roblox never blacklisted Discord. It was the other way around. Discord blacklisted Roblox because users were misusing webhooks and not abiding by the rate limit. However the ban was lifted and we can now use webhooks.

I sent all those messages under a webhook named “lol”, from the Roblox studio command bar.

3 Likes

Thats from a month or so ago, we’re talking present day, Discord has blacklisted roblox, @op needs a proxy or the other option we have suggested.

I agree that even if he does manage to make it work, he will be rate-limited by DiscordAPI.

Doesn’t look like you’ve read the screenshot. They are from July 5th of this year.

So if they aren’t used for logging what are other things I can use them for? Just curious because I am making a hotel.

Sentry is real good, but it’s Freemium. If you need something completely free, then Trello could be a somewhat nice choice, even though it’s not a 100% logging service. Just be aware of their rate limit.

There are other ways of logging. I heard Sentry is used for logging stuff, might want to check that out. I personally haven’t used it

You can use them for logging, its just not suggested unless you manage to keep edit a message to add multiple of the log on one message, and once full create a new message.

Otherwise you will be rate limited by discord API, meaning it will NOT post anymore and you will have to wait an amount of hours for the limit to be lifted.