How to lock player rotation?

I want to lock the players rotation so they stay completely like that until i disable it

If you need a visual example please watch the following video:

I want to do exactly what I did in the video… but without anchoring the player’s rootpart

any ideas? :thinking:

1 Like

So you want to be moving around while walking 100 degrees rotated? You could use generic loop animations prioritized as a action maybe only rotating the torso to prevent locking other limbs in place if that is what you want.

tumblr_1a5fab7225278c33a275ab8dccfdc364_77ab2bb3_1280 (1)

Use a AlignOrientation with a two part attachment, you can have the Attachment0 be the RootAttachment inside of the HumanoidRootPart, you can have a dummy part in workspace with an attachment inside of it be the Attachment1, when you change the Attachment in that part itll also change the HumanoidRootParts orientation

IN THEORY

This should work because it’ll make the humanoid stay in the same orientation the Attachment in the dummy part is at and when you done just set the attachment CFrame in the dummy part to CFrame.new(0,0,0)

:palm_down_hand::microphone:

1 Like

:microphone: :leftwards_hand:

Been messing around with AlignOrientation instance for 10 mins I’ve got absolutely no clue how to make it work

1 Like

bruh so basically make it the attachment mode two, and then basically what it does is it takes Attachment0 and forces it to match the orientation of Attachment1

Actuallyy never mind it worked

Uhhhhh did you set the Attachment0 to be your RootAttachment, also you only need one part that will hold the attachment

yea it worked, thx.

how come u already answer 3 of my questions lol

1 Like

Well, because I am the chosen one : )
tumblr_c903824dc70966e0e9e76316d377881c_280f44d2_540

Throughout heaven and earth, you alone are the honored one.

1 Like

Humanoid.AutoRotate = false

thirtycharacters

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.