How to lower memory

I am working a major map expansion to my game and it has caused the memory to go up from about 500MB to 1800MB.
I want to lower the memory but i have run out of ways to lower it any more.
I have managed to lower the memory to about 1400MB but in still not satisfied
I have compressed textures and deleted unnecessary objects and enabled streaming.
what other things can i do to lower the memory?

Before:

After:

1 Like

Have you removed as many unionations as possible, and erased unnecessary terrain (terrain that is not visible to the player, such as generated that makes a big block that you could shave down)?

i have shaved off the bottom of the terrain to make it flat but i have not hollowed the terrain

You can try that. I also found a useful article on this. Building Optimization

1 Like

i have seen this article and im considering making parts of the train track in blender to make it 3 parts instead of 5

Sounds good. You can also use the Decimate geometry tool in blender by going to Modelling > Mesh > Clean up > Decimate Geometry with the item selected, then adjust the ratio. I’m not sure how well it will help you but might as well give it a shot. You could also possibly change the track bottoms to a texture, and just let the part pieces be the two rail lines to give it a bit of three dimension.

2 Likes

On all your Unions and MeshParts, set the RenderFidelity to Automatic.

ive done that
ive should’ve said that from the start

1 Like

That train track looks like it has lots of parts, consider lowering the amount of parts under the track to something like this:

every segment of track has 5 parts right now and one texture and im planning to make the roadbed one mesh part insted of 3 parts

It’s probably whats causing the memory spikes

2 Likes

Shaving off the bottom of the terrain is probably what increased your memory usage.

2 Likes

nvm it only seems that it has high memory when testing within studio
in the game it has much lower memory.

ive waisted alot of time with this

1 Like