How to make a basic train

Yes, use align position with another block and you won’t get that lag effect

I tried that but it made it even worse, now it looks like there’s a floating part following the train, even with MaxForce set to infinite.

Lower the position of the AlignPosition

I can’t see a position property on it, could you expand on what you mean?

Like what is the mode of the AlignPosition? Single or Double Attachments

Double⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Make it single ok?

Ok, I’ve done that, what do I do with the position?

1 Like

You see the position property now? Do you?

Yeah, but we should continue this in pm’s so that we don’t flood the topic.

1 Like

What if i want to drive the train? Like with a VehicleSeat

1 Like

That would be very hard, but I achieved it last week : ) making a tutorial on it, will send you link in PM when done

2 Likes

Is there a way to make a railroad car with that?

Yes

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I got it working one time. I’m trying to do it again, but for some reason, the train veers to one side of the track and just follows it like that? I’m not sure why, but can someone please explain to me?

1 Like

Make sure the direction of the train force is either side of movable sides.

I have a question, what if i were to make a driving GUI and i would want the train to speed up or slow down? how would i manage that?

And another question, what I have have switches? (In my case the switches are merely just intersecting tracks.

Example:

This is the only switch i have in the game for now, but some other times the tracks can just go through each other which may or may not cause some sort of problem with collision, either causing the train to derail, stop moving entirely or something else

So i could i manage that? Thanks

1 Like

Like the vehicle driving system, you can implement one except that you will disable steering and let the switches do the steering work. And the speed is exactly like the vehicle system, where you throttle up and down to increase speed and instead of the vehicle moving front, the train moves on the track with that speed.

You can make it so that, when you click a switch, the wrong track goes off the Folder and the correct track comes in the Folder, this way, you can check if each track in front of the train is a part of the Tracks Folder, by this way, you can implement cross-sectional tracks and change tracks and track priorities.

1 Like