How to make a better GFX

INTRO:

Hi everyone, ok so I’m John and I’m trying to become a good GFX artist. I’ve tried things like Pixlr to edit and HDRI for a better render. My renders look pretty good but I can figure out how to add realistic clothing folds. I’ve looked around for a solution that is easy and complete so that I can do it on Blender. I also need a better way to make a sun effect not sure if I should use a point light or what. Please help me figure out how to make better GFXs an example of some recent once’s below!

• thanks from John!

2 Likes

If you want a realistic look, I suggest using C4D.
It is super powerful when it comes to rendering, but not so good when it comes to modeling. I suggest using Blender for modeling and C4D for rendering.

Hope this helped. :grinning:

3 Likes

Heyo! It would help us to see what you can do to improve if you’d attach a portfolio or some of your previous work to this post.

2 Likes

Sorry I uploaded a photo but I was on one bar for 4G so it didn’t upload so I re-uploaded one.

1 Like

If you want to achieve volumetric lighting, you should try to search it on Youtube or Google first. There are many tutorials on this topic. Clothing folds can be done as a displacement/bump map in the image editor of your choice.

2 Likes

Blender is a powerful modelling tool, but it is by no means worse than C4D within the scope of art in Roblox. The output just depends on how much effort you put in, on either program, so really it doesn’t matter which you use unless you’re going to go beyond Roblox (in which case there are even more nuances to solve, including what he wants to do with the program).

3 Likes

Hello! I’m not really good with more realistic GFX, but there are some programs I would recommend trying for editing. I’ve never used Pixlr, so I have no idea if it’s good, but you should still give these a shot. If you have Windows, try Paint.net. It may seem featureless, but there’s plugins which add A LOT. (I miss Paint.net…) If you have a Mac, or don’t like Paint.net, try Gimp. When I first tried it, I hated it. After editing a few things with it, I’m starting to like it. Good luck with your GFX, I hope you enjoy one of these programs!

1 Like

If you aren’t already using C4D use that! I suggest using a lightroom that you can find for free and it will really be a better gfx! I really like where your aiming :grinning:

1 Like

If you want realistic renders, you should use Cinema 4D and try to play around with different materials, you can also use PBR materials which give you a very realistic texture. For the sun you may either use a flare effect or you can add a sun with shadows in Cinema 4D while rendering.

1 Like