How to make a Chat door with animations?

I am confused on how to make a Chat door with animations. Can someone explain me? Thank you. :blush:

6 Likes

I’m not sure that I understand your question? Do you mean a door that opens when you say something specific in the chat?

Chat door means different things to different people.

If I were you, I’d take a look at these videos to see if any of them cover what you’re after:

If they don’t, then you might have a better idea of what is different about the ‘chat door’ you’re trying to create and can ask about those bits.

In terms of the animation, where those tutorials change collision or transparency, instead you would trigger an animation in that part of the script. Again, loads of tutorials exist online about how to animate objects and NPCs - I’m actually creating a quick video on this soon too.

Hope that helps, and also your question is probably more appropriate in the Scripting Support category as everything beyond creating the door part is all scripting. You might get a few extra answers in that category :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As for the chat command, I created a template. For the door, I recommend using TweenService.

To detect chat from the Client, use a Local Script and the .Chatted Event and then pass it over to the Server using anything you wish (Remotes primarily).
Try this for door rotation, I personally found it to be the most comfortable to work with.

2 Likes