How to make a CSGO unboxing system

Okay so, im trying to make a csgo unboxing system, the way I want to do it is, use a script to shift all frames in side a uilistlayout, but since the position is locked, I cant, and even if I could shift all frames positions, I have no way to detect whether the “selected random item” is in the center and stop the frame from shifting position.

Please help me.

4 Likes

Could you give us some code you have, or anything created? We can give you some base ideas but not a entire polished code.

2 Likes

Ive also thinked about using a scrolling frame, then manually using a script to scroll the scrolling frame to shift the frames around.

Maybe I can also create a pre-determined UDIM2 position then run a loop to check if the frame is around that area, and if it is then stop shifting the frames.

1 Like

I have tried watching tutorials, but none of them actually explain how the script works, I want to make it use my systems instead of relying on another persons systems, I only need to know how to do the front-end unboxing.

1 Like

THIS is a tutorial containing a free model but changes are applied and I think if you take time you can also understand the frontend whereas THIS (Edit: Be warned, the guy is using light mode) is a completely raw tutorial on how to script a very simple unboxing system including rarities.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Then make a weighted rng system. I’ll send you a few tutorials.

Here’s a Easy Tutorial to accompany anything I misexplain here.

And also, if you want certain rarities such as Common, Rare, Legendary etc then watch this alvinblox tutorial (this will take you to the exact timestamp that you need) where he makes a module that does that with the same/simular system.

2 Likes

Again, I ALREADY HAVE MY OWN CRATE SYSTEM AND RARITY SYSTEMS, I ONLY NEED TO CODE THE UI FOR UNBOXING.

1 Like

maybe try rigging a box, cloning then welding the item you get inside of the box, then play the animation? seems simple enough (no this was not meant to be rude, im saying i dont know if this would work but it seems like a concept that would work)

1 Like

Why arent you looking at how the guy scripts it in this video? Yes he makes a whole system but he also scripts the part with the UI exactly how you described.
Just don’t apply anything else, look how he tweens (or whatever he does) the frames along and implement it in your system.

2 Likes

Thanks, but if possible, can you say which timestamp he did the tween frame? im sorry if im being lazy but I cant find it and I dont want to watch the entire video doing things ive already done (the crate random selection item etc)

1 Like