How to make a gas Nozzle?

So I made this:

Gas Pump

All I’m missing is the nozzle, and I also put the main decals on there, if there’s decals that should be added, please let me know.

Is there a way I can make the gas nozzle and the rope to put up to the top thingy, I’m totally new to blender and I’m a noob to this so any tips and advice and a tutorial on how to do things like this? Or what should I do first before trying to make a gas nozzle, like what 3d modeling I should do before this?
It’s not in a good angle so it doesn’t look like it’s detailed but trust me, it is, not the good lighting for it and I spend two hours on this.

If there’s also other things I should work on, please let me know. I’m making the gas station store last, I have to complete this asset first. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The rope can be completely done in ROBLOX by using RopeConstraints.

To use RopeConstraints, you need two Attachment instances and a RopeConstraint instance (each can be added through Advanced Objects menu).

First, add the RopeConstraint. There should be nothing when you select it. This is because you need Attachments, which can be found in the Properties of the constraint.

Now, add your attachments. I prefer to use two parts with an attachment inside of them as it is easy to edit the rope later. You want two of these.

Finally, go to the properties of the RopeConstraint, and select Attachment0 and Attachment1 and set their values to the attachments inside the parts you added by selecting them each in the Explorer menu. You should now have a rope!

Adjust the Thickness, Color, and/or Rope length to your liking. If you want it to kind of curve down like in the picture, adjust the length to be higher.

For the nozzle, it depends on what you are going for. I did a low-poly nozzle as you can see in the picture above. If you want a very realistic looking nozzle, you can use more advanced techniques like using Solid Modeling (Unions) or using Blender if you wish. Don’t be afraid to look at reference images online.

Your gas pump looks fantastic so far! The only thing that does take away from the modeled-look of the build is that keypad. (It looks like a decal and doesn’t really seem to fit with the look of the pump)

Other than that, great job!

7 Likes

Here is a YouTube video I found. A speed build by @StarModelX. He has an excellent example of gas pumps.

Happy New Year!!

3 Likes

@Santeeisweird9 Thank you two so much for this! I totally needed this! I wish I can add a solution to both of you, because you two definitely answered my question with no difficulty! Have a happy new year and a good year and day!

2 Likes