How to make a glowing head? (And why it's tricky in the first place)

Very simple pair of questions today, I’m afraid.

As I’m sure most builders would know, the default mesh for humanoid Heads does not glow when set to the Neon material.

1. What is the reason for this behaviour? Other meshes (like packages) work fine. Why does just the head not glow?

2. Any workarounds? I’m open to suggestions but would prefer a solution that actually makes the head behave like Neon, rather than just sticking a SurfaceLight on it (unless there’s some way to get that mirroring the specific properties of Neon very closely.)

Thanks for the help,
– The Snaptivator

2 Likes

That’s because of the humanoid.

If you want a neon head on the rig, use an AnimationController in place of the Humanoid.

2 Likes

Why would the humanoid cause this behaviour?

1 Like

Hmm.Try using a local script on the head.

1 Like

Very sorry for reviving this, however i’m posting this anyway for the future:

Create a MeshPart, set the MeshId to a head mesh found in the toolbox (https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/539723450/HEAD), weld it to the character’s head (set it’s position to the head’s position too), set the MeshPart’s material to neon, and it works out.

I don’t really know why it’s so tricky to do that, probably because of the SpecialMesh in the head, but at the same time if you add another mesh type it still doesn’t work. If i find out the definitive reason I will immideately inform you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.