How to make a jailbreak type car by scripting?

So, I’ve a question. How do you make a jailbreak type car by scripting? I’ve seen various different posts talking about it but sadly I couldn’t really understand those.

Important: I’m not asking for scripts. I just want some suggestions for making a vehicle.

I would suggest using Velocity. If you don’t have a lot of experience with scripting, try to understand the main, and basic parts first before you are going into making things.

1 Like

I do understand a few stuff about BodyVelocity, BodyGyro and stuff. Mind if show me how I use BodyGyro, BodyPosition and stuff to control the car?

Ok the way I’d implement this might be a bit unconventional but I’ve seen it done before.

I’d create a Hinge joint between each wheel and an axel, then turn the wheel along the Z axis for drive, and along the Y axis for steer.

This is definitely not the best way to do this since Hinge joints cant be easily edited in Studio so if you’re just trying to do a basic drive system, stick with Linear and Angular Velocity on the basepart.

1 Like

I feel absolutely dumb right now…

All this time this was right infront of me…

Racing baseplate btw

3 Likes

Since I’m here I’ve another question. How can I disable the VehicleSeat gui and add my custom gui to the screen?

Nevermind, found a post discussing about it. Thanks for the help guys!

Hey there! Quick question, what did u mean by its right there? Meaning that JB uses the Jeep module?

I meant that when you open studio you can just click on Racing then go to the Cars folder and the scripts are literally inside those vehicles.

1 Like

They won’t drive like the Jailbreak cars though.

At least something I want though. I can script the rest of the part by myself (Just wanted to find the main car working part.)