How to make a live server list for discord

Hello dev forum!

I’ve come with more of a question than an issue. I want to basically connect roblox to discord without using a web hook. Don’t get me wrong, webhooks are amazing and I use them all of the time, but I want to make live server updates for discord through a bot.

(I’ve checked and could not find an answer to this personally)

I know this is possible as I’ve seen other games do it before. Basically, how I assume it would work is roblox connects to an outside source and then that source gives the data from roblox to a discord bot, and the bot posts or updates the message with the data received.

To give more insight, imagine the bot posts things like player amounts, which servers are running, stuff that roblox can provide from in game.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, I will flag and get it removed if you let me know it’s not in the right area.

I’m not asking for a, do it for me, but a, where can I start? I’m a newbie when it comes to things like http and stuff, but I’d like to learn how to do this if possible! If anyone has any help or tips I’d love to hear it! :smile:

1 Like

You’ll need a Discord server, a webhook, a program which scrapes data 24/7 (can be hosted for free) & knowledge of the Roblox API endpoints.

1 Like

If you want a webhook for this instead of a bot, I’ll just remind you that Discord is not a logging services and is forbidden.
They have the right to terminate your account as well, if found guilty.

Anyways, for the bot you’ll need:

1. Preferrably, a Discord server to log the stuff on
  2. A bot that will log whatever you need

For the live server thing, a Roblox API endpoint should exist for this as I’ve seen other games do something similar, however can’t seem to find that information.

Regardless, here’s some useful information that could solve your problem.

1 Like

I see, well thank you for the reply it helps!