How to make a Single Block Mesh Character

Hello! I have something special that is important but very simple. Single Block Mesh Characters! A mesh normally is an imported asset, such as from Blender.

1. Importing your Mesh
    When importing to your mesh block, click the mesh ID property, then select from your roblox computer files, the mesh you want to import. Then you must select several setting upon entrance. (NOTE: Your mesh must not exceed 10k Triangles, or Tris).

2. Preparation
    After it has been imported, put your mesh into a model in StarterPlayer. The model must be named StarterCharacter. Your mesh must be named HumanoidRootPart. However if your are to link it to other pieces, use WeldConstraints. Make sure none of your pieces are anchored either as though your character will not be able to move. After, add a humanoid.

3. Use
    This should cover everything that you might need, any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

3 Likes

Keep in mind that your character must also be rigged in order to work. You should probably include a section on how to rig a character.

You don’t need it to be rigged for a single block mesh character.

Oh, I didn’t realize that’s what you meant. You should probably specify in the OP.

2 Likes

Advice taken! It now specifies! Thanks!

Thank you for the contribution, although I have a few things I would like to point out:

1. The title “How to make a Mesh Character” is a bit misleading; it seems as if you’re going to teach us how to make a mesh character rather than how to import one.

2. What you covered has already been posted before, make sure to do a quick search before making a new post!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, but I don’t follow. This teaches you how to put it together for use. And it appears that the other topic doesn’t teach how to use a solid single mesh as a character.

2 Likes