How to make a model/part not fall (for example on the z axis) while it is unanchored

Hello, i have a question !
I am stuck here and i don’t know what to do

I don’t know how to explain but for example, in this video, the part is falling and it bounces. But as you can see, at a point, it starts bouncing in another direction (not only y)

But in this video, it only bounces (in the y axis)

The question is: What should i do to the part in the first video, to bounce exactly the same, as the part from the second video?

Sorry for my english/grammar
Thanks for reading and i hope someone will help me!

3 Likes

What did you do different to the part in the second video than the part in the first video?

2 Likes

I only put it closer to the baseplate

3 Likes

I’d tween it with the TweenSequence editor plugin or something if you want that sort of affect (plus you can keep it anchored since it’s tweening).

1 Like

Do you mean like this?

(sorry the videos a bit choppy for some reason I have more lag on a baseplate then in a place with 10k parts 0-0)

3 Likes

I tried that, but i don’t think that you can actually tween a model

2 Likes

yes, but i need to do that for a model

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s not a problem because you can just tween the part while it is welded to the other model’s parts.

3 Likes

I tried that, but it didnt’t work for me
I’ll give it a try again, maybe i did something wrong

Edit: I tried this again, and it didn’t work, it only tweens the part that i specified, even if the parts are welded

2 Likes

Thanks, i’ll try this
I hope it will work

Edit: it seems to work, but what i want is that the model needs to be unanchored, and when it will fall, don’t let it bounce in any direction, only in the y axis

1 Like

You can constantly set the rotation to the starting rotation each frame, although it’s a bit hacky:

game:GetService("RunService").Heartbeat:Connect(function()
    workpsace["Part Name Here"].Orientation = Vector3.new(0, 0, 0) -- Rotation value here
end)
2 Likes

Thanks!
I didn’t think of that
It isn’t event hacky for the thing i need
I think this may be the easiest and the fastest solution

1 Like