How to make a Place Version UI?

Hello there once again…

I was wondering if it were possible to fetch the games version number in-game so I can make a GUI that will tell the player that the game is running on a certain version. To get a gist of what I mean, I want to put this info:
(excluding the date published) on a GUI that everyone can see.

I have no clue how to fetch this information, yet I’ve seen some games do this as well.

How can I exactly achieve something like this?

You’d have to be sure that they aren’t just manually setting the place version

I’m not really worrying about that, I need to know how to get the version number of the game so when the server starts, it will display the version number like the screenshot I posted above, but I’ll put again here:
If some exploiter changes the version number client sided, I don’t really care because it doesn’t show for other people

I think you could use PlaceVersion.

game has a PlaceVersion property. The documentation page even has an example for displaying the place version:

1 Like

I just realized these things you guys mentioned before looking back on this post, so

game.PlaceVersion

Is the answer I found out while messing around in studio. Apologies for such a stupid question :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I like to use a time for the version.

local placeVersion = game.MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo(game.PlaceId).Updated
print(placeVersion)

This reports back the latest time the experience has been updated. As it’s a saved value, it shouldn’t change unless a new server is running, and then it also uses the newest version.

The output is something like this: 2024-10-19T14:09:18.3746541Z