How To Make A Placement/Building System Like ROBLOX Bedwars/Islands

1. I need to make a placement system for my game. It needs to have snapping and be able to build forward, upwards, sideways, and diagonal.

2. I do not know how to do it.

3. I have tried tutorials but none of helped.

3 Likes

have you tried to make it without following a tutorial? you don’t need a tutorial for everything

1 Like

I think you missed the text saying “I do not know how to do it”. If i’m not mistaken, they may not be too experienced with scripting. Just saying :happy3:

1 Like

i get that they may not be experienced in scripting, i don’t want to just hand out code to people, that’s not how you learn

2 Likes

Thats understandable ofc, but you could try recommending specific videos that they may have not watched, posts explaining how to do it, or just to explain it theoretically, without writing any code (e.g. "You could put insert text so that insert function works properly)

1 Like

Do you have any scripting experience? If so, you could try analyzing the Building System of Bedwards, Bloxburg, Adopt me, Meepcity, and Games like that. If not, tell me, and I’ll try looking for videos that explain it properly :happy3:

I am experienced with logical scripting. I do not mess around with CFrame and math too much.

I’m not asking for the code. I’m asking for people to walk me through how to make it.

EDIT: I HAVE FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT! THANKS FOR THE HELP! Have a good day!

Hi there! Can you share with me the ways/ideas to make the system? It would be great because I having some problems making the block placement system like in bedwars.

[I can’t figure out how to make the placement system so that it can build forward]

How did you do it? I am trying to create a similar system!

I will post the link to the forum post I found about it. I cannot do it right now but I will try to get it to you by next week. Thank you for your patience.

At the time I was experienced in Python and Java. I was fairly new to LuaU but I found out how to work with it.

1 Like
1 Like

I will look into the model, thank you so much!

There is a backdoor on it btw

3 Likes

dont, there is a backdoor built into it

1 Like

I took a closer look and I think the model is fine as long as you take out all the “require” statements

1 Like

Oh thanks for finding it! My friend just gave it to me and I never looked through the files. I’m curious, though. What script is it in?

Sorry for the bump, just wanted to link the original:

1 Like