How to make a position guided bomb [2 questions]

okay so i have a laser guided bomb
and a target which is the bottom small 1x1 part.

my problem is that i need to know two angles separately rather than one.

methods i’ve attempted only seem to do this:

while i need this:

now once this is solved i also need to know another thing.

the bomb drops using gravity, which means unlike a missile, it needs to compensate for the drop that gravity causes. how do i adjust for this drop? can i edit the target position to meet this need? lmk and thanks, any help is appreciated.

Hi Luger,

It looks like you’ve figured out how to calculate an angle between two vectors already, so I believe you’re looking for a missing vector instead, as you illustrated being 90 degrees from the target point.

Check out this in-depth article on CrossProduct, and I think you’ll find how to calculate what you need from there.

Per your second question, I think you were asking how to compensate for gravity and the rocket’s weight so that it reaches the target in a linear fashion? If you’re choosing to calculate the minimum force needed to compensate for these elements (probably not practical), I recommend this formula. A quicker option is to utilize the LinearVelocty instance and set the MaxForce property to a prodigious value (like math.huge), and you’ll only have the velocity to care for.

1 Like

im considering using the idea of setting velocity, but right now im experimenting with using the real life method of seeing where the laser reflects into the lense at one point, im doing this because i would like to use fluid forces and normal physics to guide the bomb unless i legit have to use setting velocity and other forceful techniques. (i made a seeker at the end of the bomb, where the target shoots a ray at, and the cover of the seeker is divided into 4 quadrants, which is the same effect as what the real life paveway 2 uses for guidance)

ill tell you how it works, thanks for the help

1 Like

it works lol.
(if anyones wondering)

External Media

it requires aiming and velocity management like in real life but it is still assisted and guided, even at high angles away from where the bombs facing.

thanks for help though @ServerStettler

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.