How to make a proper PS2 Game. The Basics (Part 1)

This guide doesn’t go in-depth on the coding bit of things, made it for fun, hope someone finds it useful, like the post if you want a part 2, i have a lot more to share :slight_smile:
PS2R_Part1.pdf (906.1 KB)

For anyone that doesn’t feel safe downloading the file you can now view the full pdf guide on my github here

If you’re going for a PS1/N64 game i’d suggest reading this post by M1dnight_Dev and applying some of the stuff from my PDF that you feel would fit

LATEST UPDATE:

14 Likes

This tutorial is absolutely amazing. You explained every detail of what needs to be done.

Honestly, I want part two. The knowledge you put in the PDF is excellent and deserves to be complete. :star_struck: :v:

4 Likes

Most possibly a false-flag but this PDF fired my anti-virus as a possible “Detected Heuristic Script”, any chance you could post this outside of the PDF file?

Worth also keeping the above in mind for anyone who intends on taking a look, Google antivirus flags it.

3 Likes

It has like 4 lines of lua code in it and some pastebin links to the needed scripts, i guess you can open it on like a online pdf reader if that makes you feel safe

4 Likes

2024-07-04T22:00:00Z finished PART 1 of the tutorial, if the guide gets some more likes and i see people are interested I’ll drop a part 2.

2 Likes

I am making a full kit based on this tutorial which will be open source, here’s a little preview of the updated mip mapping feature which now uses attributes instead of clunky values under the objects
MIPMAPPING - Made with Clipchamp

3 Likes