How to make a proper world border?

Hey!

A few months ago, I made a map but when I was done with it, I always knew something was off. Tried to make the lightning better, adding more trees, etc. Later on, I realized it’s because I didn’t make a proper border! But I was lazy, so I didn’t do it but now, I finally have the motivation to make one. Here’s what I want to know:

1. When to make the border (During the building process)? Do we usually do it when everything else is done or while doing terrain?
  2. What border styles are there? Should I make my border blocky, not too detailed?
  3. What does a proper border usually look like? Are there already tutorials for this? I’ve tried looking for a few minutes but couldn’t find one.
  4. How will the border affect the player’s view on the map?

Sorry if I’m asking too many questions, I want to be 100% sure of what to do before making the border! Here is what the map looks like:

Thank you for reading, any help is extremely appreciated!

5 Likes

Whenever I’m going to make a border I make it dark and low-detail. It shouldn’t stick out. Just make it seem like another part of the map. I usually use tall blocks that look like an unclimbable and steep mountain slope. Hopefully I interpreted border correctly :grin:

2 Likes