How to make a simple Health Bar | 5 minutes

Hello, I will be showing you how to make this health bar as shown in the video below:

Also ,this is one of my first tutorials so I am sorry for any mistakes

You can view the tutorial by clicking this link here.

Click here if you want to get the model instead.

I hope you enjoy and please make sure to reply below if you need any help! :smiley:

4 Likes

I dont know if that video is yours or not but this doesnt really seem helpful since its just linking to a youtube video, by the way, this isnt really a good way of making it considering that in a 0.2 seconds interval your health couldve changed so much.

By the way, the first wait in the code is also a problem because if the character doesnt load at 0.2 seconds then this script can break.

4 Likes
  1. The video is mine; I can prove that if needed.
  2. Would it be better if I just put the video instead of a link?
  3. Itā€™s supposed to be a simple health bar for beginners, and I donā€™t want to be intimidating.

As always, thanks for your concern! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Its only a bit weird to have the tutorial being only a video, you could get the contents of your video and write them here so it looks a little better (well you confirmed its yours so its not a big problem).

You can do beginner tutorials while using ā€œcomplicatedā€ functions (health bar only requires two wait functions in minimum though), thats even more true when you consider that using the wait(.2) things instead of the other wait functions that makes the job better can lead the script to break (the first wait is the one that got more emphasis on this, after all, as I mentioned before if the character takes longer to load it may break the script)

Are you saying I should re-do the tutorial while fixing the errors and make it so there are a few images and a bit of an explanation in words telling them what to do?

1 Like

Not really re-do the tutorial, the only thing thats really important for you to change is the first wait since it can break the script in case of delays.

Alright, I can either mention that in the post, or you can reply correcting it, and Iā€™ll mark your reply as the Solution. If you want to reply and want me to put yours as the solution, you can reply to this saying that.

instead of the wait you could use

local char = game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()

It doesnā€™t break even if the client is slow because it will keep on waiting, and the path to the hp will be shorter.