How to make a slight blood system! (Pretty child friendly and simple)

:exclamation: DISCLAIMER :exclamation:
This is completely using decals, no parts.

This is a really simple yet effective blood system that you can use to amaze your friends, and add a whole other layer of quality to your game!

EVERYTHING NEEDED:

1. A sword
  2. Base knowledge of scripting
  3. Knowledge on how to add and change assets in Roblox studio

Step 1: Grab a weapon that has a damage script. I’ll be using a sword I made myself.

Step 2: Inside of the tool, create a particle emitter and rename it ‘Blood’ with a capital B, and customize it to your liking. Once you’ve done that, set enabled to false for now.

SwordParticles2

Step 3: Next, go find the script that deals damage to the player.
(It should be a server-side script named ‘Damage’, ‘Handler’ or something like that.)

Sword2

IMPORTANT:

Before we start, make sure that your particle emitter and damage script are both children of the sword’s handle part/union, or the script won’t work.

Step 4 (FINAL): Now find the part of the script that tells the humanoid to take damage if hit with the sword/weapon.

swordscript
(Ignore everything except for the stuff between canDamage.Value = false and if canDamage.Value == true then.

After it says “hum:TakeDamage(WhateverDamage)” insert this script:

local bloodParticle = script.Parent.Blood
	bloodParticle.Enabled = true
	wait(0.5)
	bloodParticle.Enabled = false

(Feel free to change the time it takes for the particles to disappear. You can change that by typing in a different number inside of the wait parathesis.)

The first thing this script does is make a variable that finds the particle emitter we just made. Then it tells the particle emitter to show for a split second, then tells it to disappear. This all happens when you attack an HRP (Humanoid Root Part).

robloxapp-20201125-1551244.wmv (1.2 MB)

19 Likes

Please reply here if you have any problems.

2 Likes

Pls respond with any feedback if you’d like.

1 Like

Please do not use:

particle.Enabled = true
wait(time) 
particle.Enabled = false

This will cause delay in the particle generation, all particles will delay when Enabled is set to true

Use :Emit instead

3 Likes