How to make a smooth transition between Skyboxes

My game currently uses different Skyboxes for weather, however, what I gate about Skyboxes is that there isn’t any way to create smooth transition, it’s instant abd looks unrealistic, is there a way to make skybox transitions smooth, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

This is just a guess but have you tried tween service?

Maybe change the Skybox when it reaches night time?

Sadly, there is no transparency option is Skyboxes, tweenservice can’t be utilized

It certainly would look wierd to see the night sky suddenly change to evening, I get what you’re trying to say, but I have a seperate skybox for night as well

1 Like

Well couldn’t you tween the Time to slowly change to night time, then at midnight switch the Skybox, and then slowly tween the Time back to morning?

1 Like

Have you heard of TweenSequence Editor?

Well you’re really limited to choices here, since there isn’t exactly a specific option to “smoothly” transition skyboxes in Studio by default

@XdJackyboiiXd21 He’s wanting to tween 2 skyboxes (From what I’m assuming to be a smooth transition from 1 to the next), not the time

Ah I have heard a lot about this. For this, it is best to use a “fake skybox” where basically there is a huge sphere with inverted faces and put the texture as the skybox. You can place this sphere either at the center of the world or to make it follow the camera. Check out some posts about fake skyboxes.

3 Likes