How to make a "Speed Blur"?

Hello, i’ve been wondering how to make a type of “Blur” show up when my game’s vehicle is going too fast, however, i don’t even know the NAME of this type of blur , at start i thought it was “motion blur”, but it isn’t, motion blur is different. I’m trying to make something like this:

The image above is from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Original Version from 2004

Yes, I know it isn’t really a Blur… Anyways, i’m not sure how to make an effect like that, however, i’m pretty confident that the only way to make this effect is using a Viewport frame and then throw a transparency on it. My biggest question is how to make the viewport slowly appear as you get faster and faster, If anyone knows, please answer below, Goodbye!

3 Likes

Maybe you want Depth of Field

1 Like

Although I know this Is a very VERY old post, I want to clear it up and help anyone who wants to create such an effect.

First off, what do you need?

• Well obviously, a vehicle system, I recommend using A-Chassis Tune, as It’s easy to use and work with (Atleast for me), or create your own.

Now how do you create the effect?

• You will need to create a LocalScript, and have a script that parents the LocalScript to your PlayerGUI, whenever you enter the car. (NOTE: There are better ways to Implement the script, I’ve just done this because I was lazy)

• In the LocalScript you can paste this code I’ve used for my own car system. You’ll obviously have to tweak a few things In the script such as the variables. But that Is kind of all you’ll have to tweak.

local Car = game.Workspace.CarFolder:FindFirstChild("Your car's name") 
--Make sure It's where your car Is parented, and your car model's name.

local DriveSeat = Car:WaitForChild("DriveSeat")
--Make sure your car has a DriveSeat

local Camera = workspace.CurrentCamera

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")

local OldFieldOfView = Camera.FieldOfView

local SpeedBlur = game.Lighting.CarSpeedBlur 
--Make sure you have the Blur In Lighting

DriveSeat.ChildRemoved:connect(function(Child)

Camera.FieldOfView = OldFieldOfView

SpeedBlur.Size = 0

end)

RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function()

Camera.FieldOfView = OldFieldOfView + DriveSeat.Velocity.magnitude / 4

SpeedBlur.Size = DriveSeat.Velocity.magnitude / 24

end)

The result should look the same as In the video (Aside from the camera tilting and other stuff). Due to my lack of knowledge, I can’t make it have the same exact effect, but It’s quite similar to what you were trying to achieve.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.