How to make a successful game on Roblox

Hello everyone! Good morning/evening. Before we get started, let me introduce myself. I am ThyPikl, a Roblox developer who has had this passion since 2019! I have made a bunch of small unfinished projects, and I contributed to many games.

This tutorial will be regarding how to engage more players in to your game, what to put in your game to make it better, and how to enhance replayability and progression

First, how could you get more players in your game. Any forms of advertising would be of great help. Look for some small Youtubers or content creators who play games like yours and could make videos on your game for free. If you have Robux/money, go for the bigger creators who can make your game seem fun.

After you have a good community, lets talk about what to do in your game to make it better. First of all, look for what players like. Right now, as of July 2024, players like Anime VFX games, but they might die off soon. The trend always changes, so having a game that could keep players active would be huge. Secondly, don’t make your game pay to win. Let me ask this, Can I be halfway done with your game if I have my credit card? If you answered yes, then you need to change that. You will find other forms of monetization. TRUST ME. Don’t rely on players buying super overpowered pets, weapons, whatever, just to win. There should be a higher level of skill then pay to win. Even buying coins is too much for me. You can still earn money with Premium players being in your game, so adding premium perks would be a good idea. Like 2x coins if you have premium.

Lastly, how can I enhance replayability and progression? After all, when you get a good community, keeping the players engaged is very important. Think of Lumber Tycoon 2. Its progression is terrible. You go from starting the game, to chopping off a few trees, to getting the best axe in the game in only 20 minutes. Whereas, (not on Roblox, but,) Hypixel Skyblock on Minecraft has amazing progression. Building your island, to completing all the skills, it is one of the most popular games on the platform for a reason. To enhance progression, draw your game out in a little time line. How can players go from A to B? Add 1. 2. 3. a. b. c. in between. Think of quests, storyline, lore, anything to stop players from moving to fast. To enhance replayability, make one weapon better for A, another weapon better for B, and don’t make anything better for both. This will make players think and have to collect and max out multiple weapons.

I hope you all loved this tutorial. If there is anything that I missed, please let me know. I would love to add it. I would love to know if any of you followed this tutorial for your games. If so, link it in the comments. Again, have a good day/night, and happy developing!!!

8 Likes