How to make a successful Roblox Game

facts. Either that or a phone number

Interesting idea, something to consider.

There is also a huge problem with people doing this ad format where they take a picture of a fake profile of a popular figure and have them say in there feed in one way or another to go join their group and play their game. Like if they were an army rp, they would say “The army needs you!” in the feed.

Despite this being very obviously fake, because

• Why would any popular figure say to join some roblox group
  • The Editing looks bad
  • And other reasons,

but it might still get some naive people AND it is just really annoying seeing it, which the latter is what happens for me.

I just want roblox to detect this format and ban it, and make terms of service against saying something in someone else’s name. I want to call it slander, but technically they are not making those people look bad, but I don’t think you should be putting words in people’s mouths regardless, and I think that these bad ads should be seen as false / misleading advertising and banned.

4 Likes

For advertisements, a method you could do for advertising is getting a small-medium (1k-50K+ subs) sized youtubers to review, and play your game. Target youtubers who play games in your genre, since their audience are more likely to be interested. Though regular ads/game sponsors are always a good option too!

Though don’t go up to them and annoy them. Politely ask, maybe promise ingame items.

1 Like

Possibly, an interesting thought indeed. Developer products always maximize profits.

2 Likes

Amazing post! This gave me a lot of insight into how to plan my game.

Thanks, if you need any further insight on any of the subjects more in depth guides can be found on my portfolio.

1 Like

Yes, bot once again bot and spammers would ruin the system. They would probably just bot the polls or something and throw the results way off :confused:

1 Like

This is an interesting idea! I also think roblox should add genres back. It was so cool to find some underrated horror games back then. Then again, bots could make botted games and put it in the incorrect category. That’s where this fair system idea comes in to play :3

I do really believe that within the next few years we’ll see some more high quality games be produced, and that the current environment we’re in is due to the influx of new players who are just starting to experiment with the Roblox platform

1 Like

Deleting games becomes hard on a platform like Roblox due to the fact that they probably don’t want to take away “creative” liberty. Of course scam and copy games are something, but click bait simulators are some times genuinely made with plain open source materials that don’t violate the Roblox Terms of Service.

Yes, hopefully this will happen by making realistic games compatible for all devices. For now, in order to make a realistic game, you have to have a great PC. Otherwise, your game will crash by the time you make the door of Notre Dame. This is why Low-poly games are taking over. The games focus on gameplay and the things players do rather than detail. It’s like playing hide N seek in a white blank room.

This is why we as realistic developers need to make realistic games as optimized as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for this amazing resource, I will surely use it for my upcoming project.

1 Like

Thanks man, glad that it was able to help you out with your project.

Just thought I’d point out that this isn’t always the case, and I think this topic deserves some more attention as attaching extrinsic rewards to things can surprisingly sometimes actually hurt your game. Let me explain:

Extrinsic Motivation

What your referring to here is often referred to as extrinsic motivation. It’s when you’re motivated to do something is driven by external rewards, such as coins that are rewarded for completing an objective. These principals can be applied outside of game design to real-world scenarios as well, such as doing things for money, social acceptance, etc.

Giving players tasks and objectives to do (extrinsic) can be good as it clearly outlines what the player has to do. They just have to complete task X and be rewarded with Y.

However, one of the disadvantages of including tasks and objectives is that players tend to solely focus on completing objectives and tasks. This drive to complete the set objectives can sometimes make players ignore or rush through other parts of the game. If these tasks or objectives ever run out, then the player will often feel lost or as if they’ve finished the game; so it’s important to keep providing new things for the player to do.

Intrinsic Motivation

On the other hand, there’s also intrinsic motivation, which is where the player is motivated to do something without any obvious external rewards. With intrinsic motivation, the player is motivated solely by genuine enjoyment/interest in the activity.

Intrinsic motivation tends to be a favourable choice for open-world/sandbox games, as allowing the player to take their own path and pick their own objectives instead of following set tasks and focusing solely on completing a checklist can lead to a better user experience.

It’s also worth noting that intrinsic motivation is a long-term motivator, whereas extrinsic motivation tends to produce short term results that require a constant stream of content to keep your players engaged.

Conclusion

As with everything else, there are no set rules for choosing which one is better for you, but only guidelines. Also, There’s a great video created by Game Designer’s Toolkit that I’d recommend checking out on this subject, but keep in mind it’s only 11 minutes long and I’d suggest doing your own research if you’re interested in knowing more :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Im pretty sure this should be in #resources:community-tutorials

Really useful, will bookmark for future reference!

That area is reserved for development tutorials or videos my good friend!

1 Like

Thanks! Glad the resource could help you out.

1 Like

They could make the players who are legible to vote are those who have been playing Roblox for months or something, or maybe it could be exclusive to DevForum members only?