How to make a successful Roblox Game

I say this all the time, and I will continue to say this: a large majority of people won’t have to advertise or sponsor. If the game is worth playing, once 1-5 start playing, it spirals upwards. Advertising can help jumpstart it at times, but it’s very case-specific.

Otherwise, a really great tutorial! Your contribution is very informative!

Also this would do better in #resources:community-tutorials lol

It’s needless clutter is what you’re saying. I totally agree with you, I also think putting famous characters asking you to join a game that doesn’t actually match the ad should be banned as fraudulent advertising. Advertising should be moderated slightly more than it is. Every time I log in I get bombarded with ads like this. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think there should be an advertisement police or anything drastic, I just want a bit of quality control

4 Likes

I agree to this idea and it seems pretty fair and interesting to implement in the roblox platform, but there is one problem that could be fixed easily. Nowadays games already get dislikes, this is almost always because there are bots trying to get the game down, or competitors with the same game concept telling their community to dislike the game of another developer. These dislikes make a game look poor and bad even though it can be high quality and an enjoyable game. With a system like yours, it would be even easier to make a game look poor or bad because of the ratings. A thing to fix that problem is by setting those ratings invisible for the rest of the community. If a game has a bad rating on the aspects that you mentioned in your comment, it will be moderated and removed or not depending on if it’s appropriate for the community.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of that. I see what you’re saying. At the time of writing I hadn’t really thought too much about the implications of creating a community driven mod system.

You should do this if you are making a game geared towards younger audiences, however, if you are making an FPS game or something intended for older users, they wouldn’t click on that stuff and they would click on something that looks cool and professional.

or something that actually makes sense… half of these ads look like their target audience is a group of wild chimps lol. Deep fried jpeg with noob in it, must click.

2 Likes

Oh yeah perfect where is the actual making of it ;-;