How to make a tool grow when your avatar does

Okay, so I have a simulator. When you use the tool you gain strength, and when you gain strength, your avatar grows. However, I have noticed once your avatar is big, the weight tool is inside the character’s hand. How would I make it so that the tool scales up when your avatar does?

3 Likes

Depending on what type of tool you have, the “GripPos” property of a Tool object may be of help in this case.

2 Likes

It is a mesh tool, if that is what you mean.

If it’s a Tool, such as one that would be in StarterPack like the one’s you would find in Lifting Simulator, after a certain amount of increments of the ‘strength’, you may want to change the GripPos of it, here’s an example of a server script inside of a Tool with a normal part Handle that would increase the position every 2 seconds:

while wait(2) do
script.Parent.GripPos = script.Parent.GripPos + Vector3.new(0,0,1)
end

2 Likes

So I make a local script and put that script inside and edit it?

It would have to be a server script so that it replicates to other players, but yes. Your best bet would be to increment the position depending on how much the player grows by

2 Likes

I can’t think of how to change that script to make it grow when my player grows rather than after a certain time peroid?

I read the question again, you also mentioned that your tool is a Mesh; if the mesh is inside of the Tool’s “Handle”, use the Mesh ‘Scale’ property. However if it’s a MeshPart, you would want to scale it using the ‘Size’ property.

SpecialMesh example:
Part.Mesh.Scale = Part.Mesh.Scale + Vector3.new(2,2,2)

MeshPart example:
Part.Size = Part.Size + Vector3.new(2,2,2)

This would also be most likely needed to be ran depending on the amount the character scales