How to make a wet floor effect

How to make a wet floor effect
like this or a kind ofhehe.PNG

7 Likes

You can make that effect with SurfaceAppearance/PBR

4 Likes

But if you want that perfect reflection its by cloning the things that are going to be reflected inverting the y axis

2 Likes

In the picture you have they used a custom shader.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/found-a-insane-shader-pack-that-transforms-the-game/867518

3 Likes

You can place a very thin layer of glass material on top of the road and have the reflectance at 1.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend using a shader mod, consider doing research about that graphic mod before taking attempt to use it. Just to note when using it the reflection and effects will only show on your side and not for everyone else.

A simple method would be using glass and adding a texture and setting the transparency to something like 0.59 or a high transparency. You could use glass with this similar method just with a proper texture. Alternatively, adjust the reflection until you get something you like; with a little experimenting and the correct design, you will be able to replicate that effect. It’s easy to do as it isn’t something complicated to recreate.

3 Likes

what plugins do you people use/what do you people do for shading that realistically??

1 Like

There isn’t really a plugin that exists that allows for things to be shaded realistically. Personally, I just play around with the lighting effects and find something that best matches what I’m looking for.

how did this guy make the floor look like granite that can reflect like??? or like water is on the ground?!

1 Like

Probably what he did was place a thin layer of glass directly on top of the concrete and then changed the reflectance on that glass to 1.

1 Like

The image the OP attached is using a shader mod the water effect on the ground is from a game I’m assuming it’s jailbreak. This isn’t created through a plugin on the platform it’s a graphic mod called (Reshade). It’s an open sourced tool you need to setup in order for those high graphic effects to activate.

Apparently, from my little research before I wouldn’t encourage you to use a graphic mod since there was information about people banned, if you’re wanting to use this do your own research. It’s always better to read information and look around before attempting to use it.

You could try to modify a approach and just experiment with creating it yourself within studio, as that’s a better option if your wanting something almost similar in the image.

1 Like

I do not see this affect? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

if you’re not going to use the water terrain, then you could use a layer of water,
set the speed to 0 and reflectence to 1 > size it to the floor you want wet > then put the water in line with the floor so it looks glossy

this tutorial should give show you in more detail

4 Likes

What i do is pretty simple but try this out,
Go to terrain editor >>> region >>> select >>> Now scale the part as much as the floor of your build >>> align it in a way it is only very slightly above the floor >>> Fill >>> Water >>> Go to terrain and tweak the colour, transparency of the water to your liking : )
Donee, it does work , though it’s not like super op

3 Likes

yeahh i think putting your floor like right above ground with pretty high transparency and stilling it will be your best shot. The screenshot you provided is indeed an external software or plugin, its known as reshade. Studio can be pretty annoying when shooting for realism but yeah.

What i did was put the floor as high above of the water as I could get it with the water barely peeking through. it’ll look weird in studio but when you play the game the reflections are everywhere and on everything and look great honestly. But also keep in mind lighting is a major factor in how it’ll look. In the screenshot I sent above is my game and the lighting I used to get it to look that way. The method I’ve just described will allow you to use any texture you like as well.

All in all, while its unfortunate Roblox doesn’t currently support any method of getting such graphics but there are alternatives, different than the one I’ve mentioned.

1 Like

You can try putting a thin layer of glass over the ground, and turning its reflectance up, that might give it the appearance of a wet floor.

1 Like