How to make Advanced 3D Text for logos [Step by Step Tutorial]

Hey there! I recently saw alot of people struggling on how to make Roblox logo’s 3D.
So i thought i’d do a tutorial! I’ll be going over step by step how to make a nice looking 3D Text Logo.

NOTE:
This tutorial is advanced and will require some previous experience.

All the steps!
Step 1

Add in your text, you can add a gradient to it and customise it however you like.

Step 2

Next thing we are gonna do is make the text “Perspective” first got to the “Edit” button located at the top left corner of your screen, find “Free Transform”. Also make sure your text is rastersized or else you will not be able to do this. Once you’ve hit “Free Transform” you can make the perspective whatever you like, i’m just gonna keep the classic and move the upper part of the text a bit backwards.

Step 3

Once you’ve done this, duplicate your text layer and scale it to a smaller size than your main text. Make sure to set the new color to a darker shade of whatever color you picked. Once you’ve than that move it below the main text like shown in the picture.

Step 4

Next thing we are gonna do is finish the 3D, we can do this by using the pen tool and connecting each corners of the 3D to the main text, make sure the pen tool’s set color is the same color as the 3D.

Step 5

The rest of the steps are not required to be done but i still recommend you do. First of all you need to copy my brush settings shown below

Next thing you need to do is make the color you are drawing with black.

Step 6

Once you’ve got your brush all set to go, create a new layer above the 3D but not above the Main Text. Create a clipping mask by right clicking on the new layer.

Step 7

Now you need to select the polygonal lasso tool by holding the lasso tool for a second, next you need to make the 3D like shown in the picture below.

Step 8

Now that we’ve selected an area of the 3d we will start using our brush tool to shade the 3D to give it a realistic look. (TO UNSELECT THE LASSO DO CTRL + D)

Step 9

Once you’ve done all that you need to select all the corners of the 3D layer and make them shaded, the end result should look something like this.

Final Result:

If you found this post helpful, consider liking this and sharing it as it helps me a whole ton!
If you aren’t interested in making it yourself, and you just wanna see how it turned out or learn. You can have the psd for free to see how i made it.
TutorialPSD.psd (196.6 KB)

25 Likes

laughs Now I can steal DK’s entire business wit these 9 steps!

7 Likes