How To Make An Account Age Limit

I agree with this but age limits help restrict alt accounts for being used especially when exploiters use alts to not get their main banned. But this is all the developers choice to keep their game safe.

1 Like

Alternate accounts aren’t created on the spot, they have enough time on them to bypass most account age bans. Removing accounts from your experience by their account age has no benefit except turning away potentially legitimate audiences that are new to the platform and it’s not a good look for the developer nor how welcoming the community is to new players.

Assuming exploiters don’t have old alternate accounts is naïve and alternate accounts are poor justification for warranting an account age banner. It ultimately is your choice that’s right but it shouldn’t be presented as being objectively good because it isn’t. Band aids aren’t proper fixes.

3 Likes

I 100 percent get your point but it does prevent exploiters that do have new alt accounts. Also, this is all developer choice this is a guide after all.

I do get your point. But account age checks can help a lot of developers prevent some hackers because some do make brand new alt accounts just to hack on a game. Also you can adjust your account age limit to allow for pretty new players. In the end it is all choice of the developer it is just a guide teaching developers on how to do it.

Age checks only limit your audience. A proper anticheat is the only way to fight exploiters.

2 Likes

I did make a guide on anti-cheat and how to actually prevent exploiters it is linked here: How To Prevent Exploiters / Cheaters Properly this is just a guide for the developers that want to add a system like this in their game. Also, It doesn’t really hurt to add extra security. Account age systems have prevented exploiters in games before like Dahood. Yes, I know you are going to say Dahood has many hackers and it does the only real way to fully rid exploiters is to have a mod team and a good anti-cheat that is server sided. But an account age system can prevent some hackers that have new alt accounts. In the end, the developer is at choice to add an account age system or not.

It is a pretty handy property that roblox let us check.

This will prevent lots of spammers and hackers from your and my game.

1 Like

That is true it is one of the things that I’m glad Roblox have added

Account age scripts are horrible. Ruins any chance of you getting traction from new accounts and is sure as hell not some form of an “exploiter prevention method”.

Exploits in a game can be categorized into 2 different types of exploits

Category 1 would be Roblox related exploits as in exploit admin scripts or exploit explorers. These are hard/impossible to patch because of Roblox’s security on the client.

Category 2 would be game vulnerability (experience ig) exploits. These tend to consistent of exploits such as farming scripts (stat farms) and stat exploitation scripts.

If ANY of the exploits fall in to Category 2, it is your job to get it fixed. When you implement those types of vulnerabilities into your game, you are at fault for anything that comes from it. Do not restrict your audience or turn away new players because you can’t secure your game.

3 Likes

Your point kinda stands true. But it is possible to adjust your account age limit inside of your game to bring a middle ground of preventing new exploit accounts and allowing for new players to play your game on the Roblox platform. Adding an account age limit should not be your main exploit protection inside of your game. But an account age limit will protect some of those pesky hackers also just to mention this is a guide on how to add an account age limit in the end it is the choice of the developer and weather it fits your game or not.

1 Like

Unfortunately there are also entire black markets for 2008 password-guessed accounts, so this really isn’t stopping anybody. Even without entering such markets, truly dedicated exploiters will just wait it off. All this is doing is delaying the inevitable. Imagine this, your game gets popular enough that it gets the attention of a brand new player (less than an hour ago that they registered). They get kicked for being new. They may draw the conclusion that all games are like this, and may even leave the platform entirely because of the discouragement. They could have become a spending player!

Fix your game’s vulnerabilities instead of applying a bandaid over it.

4 Likes

Dude this is a very well-made point. You addressed it perfectly about the password-guessed account market and everything. Your point about delaying the inevitable might be true to a point actually. But what does stand true for sure is that to fix your game vulnerabilities as that is the best way to prevent exploiters.

Change your tags, this has NOTHING to do with building, modelling or guis. You’ve gotten wrong attention from these tags, stick to the “scripting” one.

1 Like

… except for when you lose new players because you have a band-aid solution in your game. Aka a account age limit.

1 Like

It’s literally notified me cause of the ‘gui’ tag. Like, how is this even related to guis… @Road_Gamer2

1 Like

It can be related to GUI because it is possible to make a GUI to display account age.

Like I said it is all developer choice and it depends on the game you are creating and some other circumstances.

This would be so bad for 99.9999% of games (in an ideal world 100%)

1 Like

No, it would not be bad for some games actually. Some games can benefit from fewer new hack alt accounts joining their Roblox game. But being the developer you have to make your judgment and in the end, it is all developer choice.

Not really because you can implement the Roblox account age system in a GUI or a surface GUI that is why it is in building and GUI. And it being in scripting is obvious.