How to make an entire Model rotate properly with BodyMovers without decentralizing

So basically i am trying to make this entire model below rotate using only BodyMovers:

And i succesfully managed to do it, the issue here is that… whenever this model is between 2 other stages or when i start walking over it, it starts flickering or gets decentralized moving a little bit low.

I want to know how to keep the model rotating without it moving away from his center position.

Here how my BodyMovers are configured (The model rotates to the right or left like a wheel)

BodyAngularVelocity:

BodyGyro:

BodyVelocity:

1 Like

So I’m guessing you don’t want the model to be effected by external factors like players and the stage issue?

If so then I suggest using the newer body movers as they have this property: AlignOrientation | Roblox Creator Documentation to ensure that they behave rigidly which the old BodyGyro doesn’t.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, didn’t knew these existed!

So i finally managed to make my model rotate without colliding with the other models, using GroupCollisions

For testing purposes i changed the GroupCollisionID of the model in the print to 1, and the other models to 2, so they don’t collide with eachother anymore, therefore rotating without flickering or glitching.

(Selected model in the middle was the one i was trying to rotate without glitching, but since he was touching sides with the other 2 models, it would cause the model to flick and move away from the centralized position, changing CollisionGroups for all models fixed this problem)

And with the new BodyMovers i managed to keep the model in place even if there is a player walking over it.

So your tip + a little bit of research from my part fixed my issue :smiley:

How i did with the new BodyMovers:

Created 3 parts:

• Center part is anchored

• Rotate part is unanchored and is not being yielded by any weld constraints, it’s only purpose is to rotate (Still using BodyVelocity to keep it floating in the air, i don’t know if this is right or if i should use a new BodyMover aswell to keep it floating)

• The Main part of the entire model, all the other parts in the model are being yielded by WeldConstraints (Except for “Rotate” and “Center” parts), the only purpose of this part is to keep following the Orientation of Rotate part and Position of Center part.

And basically like this i managed to solve my problem, still don’t know if the methods i used are the best but they definitively work.

1 Like