How to make an explosion that does not cause damage?

i want to make an explosion in my game but make it so that nobody, such as the player, or anything with a humanoid, takes any damage, how would i do that?

2 Likes

Just don’t check for a humanoid when assessing what takes damage. If the humanoid is never defined, it’s impossible for it to be affected.

1 Like

but im using the object Explosion that kills the Humanoid no matter what, and there dosent seem to be an option in the explosion to turn damage off

There’s the potential that the BlastRadius property could be adjusted to 0 so that the visuals remain while its other effects are mitigated/nullified.

Edit: It turns out that the DestroyJointRadiusPercent property can be set to 0 in order to achieve that effect – this is described on its Developer Hub page:

This property allows developers to make Explosion s ‘non-lethal’ to Humanoid s by setting DestroyJointRadiusPercent to 0. This means the neck joint will not be broken when characters come into contact with the Explosion.

7 Likes

thanks for the help though i decided not to use an explosion as its unnecessary anyways

1 Like

I enjoy doing this because it allows you to still utilize the .Hit event. It really comes in handy if you want the explosion to do anything but kill the player

1 Like