How to make Better Alternative for Tools

Hey DEVELOPERS, So today I found some interesting things out, if you notice games like Bubble Gum Simulator, and etc have used a more advanced tool that is auto-attacked to your avatar/hand, and can be used just like normal tools, not many people talk about this when creating simulators, so I’d like to point it out and ask, what’s the name of this better alternative, and how is it used, most importantly how can it be made??

Ignore this

DevMod_Runer.exe
Roblox.com/Develop_Page_EditExperienceButton_Style1
test23
test24

How can this be made, is it easy, can bugs occur often, is it stable? I’d like to know! :slight_smile:

Game Reference:

Well any thoughts or help, or possibly links to a module that can do this, let me know!

SOLUTIONS:

How to make better alternative the way I asked for

Reading this article may help:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/intro-to-player-tools

Basically to achieve this you can play around with the tool’s grip forward, grip pos, grip right, and grip up properties. @XdJackyboiiXd21 Credit.

How to do it the easy way

You can replicate the appearance of not using tools while using tools by disabling the player’s backpack UI and manually equipping/unequipping the tools

I’d say this method is by far the easiest, though it’s possible to make your own custom tools by using OOP

Using a roblox gun tool with backpack UI disabled

Credit @Quoteory

2 Likes

I believe that the example welds the model to the player’s hand by cloning it from replicated storage or server storage. Then using the user input service I think you can detect if the player clicks their friend, then you can look for the model in the players hand and have something happen! I am not the best at coding, but I hope it helps!

2 Likes

That sounds about right, but I don’t know myself either-

Reading this article may help:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/intro-to-player-tools

Basically to achieve this you can play around with the tool’s grip forward, grip pos, grip right, and grip up properties.

You can replicate the appearance of not using tools while using tools by disabling the player’s backpack UI and manually equipping/unequipping the tools

I’d say this method is by far the easiest, though it’s possible to make your own custom tools by using OOP

Using a roblox gun tool with backpack UI disabled

4 Likes

Great idea, how would the player equip/unequip the tool, that’s my only concern

and mannually equipping/unequipping the tools

Maybe use a custom inventory or if a player presses a certain key the would move into a folder also in the player’s backpack?
I did this once in a game using this code in a local script:

local open = false
local Backpack = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Backpack

script.Parent.MouseButton1Up:Connect(function(plr)
	if open == false then
		open = true
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.ShopGui.Visible = true
		Backpack.Lantern.Parent = Backpack.Holder
		wait(.5)
	else
		open = false
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.ShopGui.Visible = false
		Backpack.Holder.Lantern.Parent = Backpack
		wait(.5)
	end
end)

this script made a lantern tool disappear until the shop gui closed by putting it into a folder that was also inside of the backpack

hopefully this might help!

1 Like

it works, thank you very much @iiplayblo_x, hope you have a great day.

I’m glad I could help you @Luna_Adair :slight_smile:

Tools will automatically equip if you parent them to a character, and they will unequip if you remove them from said character.

1 Like