How to make btools accessible under a certain rank in HD Admin (nevermind solved it lolz)

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    To prevent btools abuse in my game, I want to design it so only people who buy the Btools gamepass can use the ;btools command, using HD Admin
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’m not sure how to configure it to be that specific. I know how to make HD Admin Gamepasses, I’ve done it a few times already
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I’m not even sure where to start, and theres nothing on here
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

HD Admin Script for reference:

--[[

--------------| ABOUT RANKS |--------------

RANK	| DEFAULT NAME	| COMMANDS	| EXTRA DETAILS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5		| Owner			| All		| Is automtically set. The Owner has full access to commands and features.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.5 		| Btool			| 1,2,3,4.5	| Btools Access
4 		| HeadAdmin		| 1,2,3,4	| 
3 		| Admin			| 1,2,3		| 
2		| Mod			| 1,2		| Can only use commands on one person at a time. 
1 		| VIP			| 1			| Can only use commands on theirself.
0		| NonAdmin		| 0			| The default rank. Players are limited to basic features.

--------------| SETUP RANKS |--------------																															 ]] return{

-- RANK, RANK NAMES & SPECIFIC USERS
Ranks = {
	{5,	"Owner",		};
	{4.5, "Btool",		{"",0},	};	
	{4,	"HeadAdmin",	{"",0},	};
	{3,	"Admin",		{"",0},	};
	{2,	"Mod",			{"",0},	};
	{1,	"VIP",			{"",0},	};
	{0,	"NonAdmin",		};
};

-- GAMEPASSES
Gamepasses = {
		[112059427] = "HeadAdmin";
};

-- ASSETS
Assets = {
	[0] = "VIP";
};

-- GROUPS
Groups = {
	[0] = {
		[254] = "Admin";
		[1] = "VIP";
		};
};

-- FRIENDS
Friends = "NonAdmin";

-- VIP SERVER OWNER
VipServerOwner = "NonAdmin";

-- FREE ADMIN
FreeAdmin = "NonAdmin";

--------------| BANLAND |--------------
Banned = {"",0};

--------------| SYSTEM SETTINGS |--------------
Prefix				= ";";			-- The character you use before every command (e.g. ';jump me').
SplitKey 			= " ";			-- The character inbetween command arguments (e.g. setting it to '/' would change ';jump me' to ';jump/me').
BatchKey 			= "";			-- The character inbetween batch commands (e.g. setting it to '|' would change ';jump me ;fire me ;smoke me' to ';jump me | ;fire me | ;smoke me'
QualifierBatchKey 	= ",";			-- The character used to split up qualifiers (e.g. ;jump player1,player2,player3)

Theme				= "Blue";		-- The default UI theme.
NoticeSoundId		= 2865227271;	-- The SoundId for notices.
NoticeVolume		= 0.1;			-- The Volume for notices.
NoticePitch			= 1;			-- The Pitch/PlaybackSpeed for notices.
ErrorSoundId		= 2865228021;	-- The SoundId for error notifications.
ErrorVolume			= 0.1;			-- The Volume for error notifications.
ErrorPitch			= 1;			-- The Pitch/PlaybackSpeed for error notifications.
AlertSoundId		= 9161622880;	-- The SoundId for alerts.
AlertVolume			= 0.5;			-- The Volume for alerts.
AlertPitch			= 1;			-- The Pitch/PlaybackSpeed for alerts.

WelcomeBadgeId		= 0;			-- Award new players a badge, such as 'Welcome to the game!'. Set to 0 for no badge.

CommandDebounce		= true;			-- Wait until the command effect is over to use again. Helps to limit abuse & lag. Set to 'false' to disable.
SaveRank			= true;			-- Saves a player's rank in the server they received it. (e.g. ;rank plrName rank). Use ';permRank plrName rank' to permanently save a rank. Set to 'false' to disable.
LoopCommands		= 3;			-- The minimum rank required to use LoopCommands.
MusicList 			= {};	-- Songs which automatically appear in a user's radio. Type '!radio' to display the radio.

ThemeColors = {						-- The colours players can set their HD Admin UI (in the 'Settings' menu). | Format: {ThemeName, ThemeColor3Value};
	{"Red", 	Color3.fromRGB(150, 0, 0),		};
	{"Orange", 	Color3.fromRGB(150, 75, 0),		};
	{"Brown", 	Color3.fromRGB(120, 80, 30),	};
	{"Yellow", 	Color3.fromRGB(130, 120, 0),	};
	{"Green", 	Color3.fromRGB(0, 120, 0),		};
	{"Blue", 	Color3.fromRGB(0, 100, 150),	};
	{"Purple", 	Color3.fromRGB(100, 0, 150),	};
	{"Pink",	Color3.fromRGB(150, 0, 100),	};
	{"Black", 	Color3.fromRGB(60, 60, 60),		};
};

Colors = {							-- The colours for ChatColors and command arguments. | Format: {"ShortName", "FullName", Color3Value};
	{"r", 		"Red",		 		Color3.fromRGB(255, 0, 0)		};
	{"o", 		"Orange",	 		Color3.fromRGB(250, 100, 0)		};
	{"y", 		"Yellow",			Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 0)		};
	{"g", 		"Green"	,			Color3.fromRGB(0, 255, 0)		};
	{"dg", 		"DarkGreen"	, 		Color3.fromRGB(0, 125, 0)		};
	{"b", 		"Blue",		 		Color3.fromRGB(0, 255, 255)		};
	{"db", 		"DarkBlue",			Color3.fromRGB(0, 50, 255)		};
	{"p", 		"Purple",	 		Color3.fromRGB(150, 0, 255)		};
	{"pk",		"Pink",		 		Color3.fromRGB(255, 85, 185)	};
	{"bk",		"Black",		 	Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0)			};
	{"w",		"White",	 		Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255)	};
};
ChatColors = {						-- The colour a player's chat will appear depending on their rank. '["Owner"] = "Yellow";' makes the owner's chat yellow.
	[5] 		= "Yellow";
};

Cmdbar						= 1;			-- The minimum rank required to use the Cmdbar.
Cmdbar2						= 3;			-- The minimum rank required to use the Cmdbar2.
ViewBanland					= 3;			-- The minimum rank required to view the banland.
OnlyShowUsableCommands		= false;		-- Only display commands equal to or below the user's rank on the Commands page.
RankRequiredToViewPage		= {				-- || The pages on the main menu ||
	["Commands"]		= 0;
	["Admin"]			= 0;
	["Settings"]		= 0;
};
RankRequiredToViewRank		= {				-- || The rank categories on the 'Ranks' subPage under Admin ||
	["Owner"]			= 0;
	["HeadAdmin"]		= 0;
	["Admin"]			= 0;
	["Mod"]				= 0;
	["VIP"]				= 0;
};
RankRequiredToViewRankType	= {				-- || The collection of loader-rank-rewarders on the 'Ranks' subPage under Admin ||
	["Owner"]			= 0;
	["SpecificUsers"]	= 5;
	["Gamepasses"] 		= 0;
	["Assets"] 			= 0;
	["Groups"] 			= 0;
	["Friends"] 		= 0;
	["FreeAdmin"] 		= 0;
	["VipServerOwner"] 	= 0;
};
RankRequiredToViewIcon		= 0;

WelcomeRankNotice			= true;			-- The 'You're a [rankName]' notice that appears when you join the game. Set to false to disable.
WelcomeDonorNotice			= true;			-- The 'You're a Donor' notice that appears when you join the game. Set to false to disable.
WarnIncorrectPrefix			= true;			-- Warn the user if using the wrong prefix | "Invalid prefix! Try using [correctPrefix][commandName] instead!"
DisableAllNotices			= false;		-- Set to true to disable all HD Admin notices.

ScaleLimit					= 4;			-- The maximum size players with a rank lower than 'IgnoreScaleLimit' can scale theirself. For example, players will be limited to ;size me 4 (if limit is 4) - any number above is blocked.
IgnoreScaleLimit			= 3;			-- Any ranks equal or above this value will ignore 'ScaleLimit'
CommandLimits				= {				-- Enables you to set limits for commands which have a number argument. Ranks equal to or higher than 'IgnoreLimit' will not be affected by Limit.
	["fly"]	= {
		Limit 				= 10000;
		IgnoreLimit 		= 3;
	};
	["fly2"]	= {
		Limit 				= 10000;
		IgnoreLimit 		= 3;
	};
	["noclip"]	= {
		Limit 				= 10000;
		IgnoreLimit 		= 3;
	};
	["noclip2"]	= {
		Limit 				= 10000;
		IgnoreLimit 		= 3;
	};
	["speed"]	= {
		Limit 				= 10000;
		IgnoreLimit 		= 3;
	};
	["jumpPower"]	= {
		Limit 				= 10000;
		IgnoreLimit 		= 3;
	};
};

VIPServerCommandBlacklist	= {"permRank", "permBan", "globalAnnouncement"};	-- Commands players are probihited from using in VIP Servers.
GearBlacklist				= {67798397};	-- The IDs of gear items to block when using the ;gear command.
IgnoreGearBlacklist			= 4;			-- The minimum rank required to ignore the gear blacklist.

PlayerDataStoreVersion		= "V1.0";		-- Data about the player (i.e. permRanks, custom settings, etc). Changing the Version name will reset all PlayerData.
SystemDataStoreVersion		= "V1.0";		-- Data about the game (i.e. the banland, universal message system, etc). Changing the Version name will reset all SystemData.

CoreNotices					= {				-- Modify core notices. You can find a table of all CoreNotices under [MainModule > Client > SharedModules > CoreNotices]
	--NoticeName = NoticeDetails;
};

--------------| MODIFY COMMANDS |--------------
SetCommandRankByName = {
	--["jump"] = "VIP";
};	
SetCommandRankByTag = {
	--["abusive"] = "Admin";
};

};

Note: I have already started to add the Btool rank, 4.5. Normally there would be no ‘4.5’ rank number

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

2 Likes

You can create a gamepass, and at the hd admin settings add your gamepass id into the gamepasses table, and make the gamepass gives players “Btool” rank since you already set that rank to access btools.
like this:

also if people can just buy gamepass to access 4.5 rank, then they can also use HeadAdmin’s command after buying it which is very dangerous, so I recommand set the Btool rank to 1.5 (above VIP rank)
(I know you already solved it by yourself I’m just doing this for others that has the same problem.)

1 Like

ugh im really sorry for getting back so late but thanks a lot, especially for the advice about the rank, ill probably go in and change it sometime

Follow up to your advice:

So I went in and tried changing the rank to 1.5, but then I realized if players in game simply buy a different gamepass with a higher rank then they get access to btools as well. I’ve already been doing this, and I suppose I could remove all potentially abusive commands from the HeadAdmin rank, although I’m fine if players lightly troll each other by using ;fling or ;jail or whatever. Anyway, I’ll keep playing around with it, and lmk if you have any better ideas than what I’m currently doing.