How to make bullet holes chip of a part of the walls?

Hey guys, I have these Bullet Holes and I was wondering what could be the best way to make them chip off a bit of the wall, instead of poking out like so.

The bullets are local sided, so can’t really use CSG as far as I know

Thanks

i mean your simplest bet is using some sort of realistic illusion to give off that effect since you cant negate parts through scripts (or normally, at least)

1 Like

don’t you want to just place very small black circle (as a bullet hole) after shooting?

no i dont, thats why im asking

could get a hd image of a dent in a wall that has it’s imagecolor3 changed to the part it hits or something, that’s what i’d do

optionally you could resize the parts around it to make space for a dented mesh or summin but that would be hard to do logically and for network usage deficit

1 Like

You could try using Basepart:UnionAsync() thats how Destruction Physics (the game) does it.

1 Like

oh interesting thanks, ill try this

I’m trying to handle the bullet holes via local script, sadly for some reason, Unions do not work in those, I’m gonna try to see if there’s some other option

It should work fine with localscripts too, are you doing it correctly?

This module script is called from a local script and it gives the following error

I have just found a topic regarding a similar issue, but sadly there doesn’t seem to be a resolution in there

Oh i didnt know that!

(this will be blurred)

1 Like