How to make custom toolbar system

Goal: So, I wanna make a game with a custom toolbar made with like GUIs.

My issue: I don’t know how to do it.

Solutions I tried I tried using YouTube, but the tutorials weren’t clear

First you want a local script in something like ReplicatedFirst that disables backpack gui should look something like this

game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCoreguiEnabled("Backpack", false)

After that youll need guis for your backpack slots so make them, now you want to detect when a new tool enters the players backpack and then create a new gui (id suggest making a function to create a new gui) then when another tool is added creates a new gui beside the first one (its handy to keep the last guis position in a variable so that its easier to know where you need to place the orher guis) and then offset all guis to the left a bit so they stay centered.

So first I’ve got to disable my backpack gui then my my custom gui and what does :SetCoreguiEnabled(“Backpack”, false) do?

1 Like

If you’re making a custom backpack GUI, you need to disable the existing Roblox one.

local starterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
starterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled("Backpack", false)

The above code will disable the existing Roblox backpack GUI. To learn more about CoreGUI and disabling such elements, view the documentation here.

1 Like

It disables the original view of the backpack, so you will not be seeing it, but once you make your GUI you will have to code it to be a backpack.

But how do I now make the custom toolbar aka backpack thing with your tools gui?

What i like to do is make a gui then use a gui to lua plugin or what you can do is make a gui turn it invisible then clone it and make it visible

I get your point to design it, but how do I like if the player has item unequipped so how will it display on the custom gui

It can display however you want it to you can shrink the gui down make it invisible etc

I mean how to script it to display the tool

You could use an image or text label

I think these tutorials are quite novice? If you’re struggling try reverse engineering any of the publically released ones to better understand their mechanic.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.