How to make Egg Hunt game?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to create an egg hunt like in this game?

Game:
https://www.roblox.com/games/6104648878/Egg-Hunt-2021-Hangout?refPageId=8a1a0694-bddc-499d-8ec8-691df32f1b76

I already have egg models, a map, but I don’t know how to script this.

I want to add an Easter update to my game. I will be grateful for your help.

Hello,

So what I have seen from quickly looking over this game it seems like all it is a touch detector on the eggs so that when someone touches one it gives you the badge and the UI stuff. To make sure that someone who already have it can’t get it again you could either make it so when someone joins the game it checks there inventory for the egg or I suggest using a data storage as someone could have the inventory private.

1 Like

There is no way to actually grant the player a hat atleast from my knowledge. The only thing you need to do is make a UI popup on touch with the egg, and grant the player a badge. You can watch tutorials on YouTube if you do not know how to grant badges.

1 Like

Yes like @Algrythm I don’t think there is a way to give things like hats or shirts or anything out but as on the example it just has a badge and for that you would use the badge service and the function of the service AwardBadge.

1 Like

An egg hunt tutorial event is currently in the works! You can take a little preview from my tweet:

1 Like

Did you already apply for egg hunt in this link?
“Egg Hunt” 2021 Metaverse Event Opportunity! (applications closed 3 months ago)
Then you can do the whole egg stuff. If you didn’t, or didn’t get accepted, you can only show UI and badges, because you don’t have the item to give away. If you succeeded, then Roblox probably should’ve told developers how to award items into players’ inventory

1 Like