How to make FOV thumbnails for UGC

Want to use a custom field of view for your ugc accessory?? Here is how.

Now that anyone can upload UGC I was able to figure this out. First you are going to need to install this official plugin.

UGC Custom Thumbnail Tool - Creator Store (roblox.com)

Once installed click your accessory then click the “UGC Thumbnail Tool” button. After you do so it will look something like this.

Your accessory has the default field of view of 70. Now you can change the field of view in the Camera.

When you change the “FieldOfView” property it should automatically change the “DiagonalFieldOfView” as well. Just make sure both are below 30. Move the camera to the correct placement then click accept when you’re happy with how it looks. Remember to rotate your accessory for the best lighting!

Next is the tricky part that can throw you off.

When you go to save the accessory, the preview thumbnail will look zoomed out. It’s hard to tell if it even applied the correct field of view.

You have to submit the accessory anyway.

After I submitted the accessory, paid the 750 robux, my thumbnail was not zoomed out. The uploading process corrected the zooming out issue. It was off center unfortunately, however the field of view was correct! See for yourself: Earbuds - Roblox

2 Likes

It’s recommended that whenever you are positioning the accessory, if you want it to be perfectly centered, you can press F to center the accessory in your view. Got it right this time!

1 Like

Thank you! Very useful article