How to make good GFX lighting?

Hello! So for a while, I’ve been trying to get my GFX better as I haven’t been satisfied with them lately, So I tried making a thumbnail for my game for practice and I’ve stumbled upon a problem, the lighting, basically, I can’t get it to be even or even just look good, so I need some help, here is the scene: image
HDRI’s don’t work for me and don’t look that good, thanks for reading.

2 Likes

try clicking the button that the red arrow is pointing to
or you can try rendering it out

That isn’t the problem, I know of the rendered viewport, I meant by the lighting and stuff.

Perhaps use Cycles for rendering. Eevee tends to look quite bland, so that may be why hdris aren’t working for you. you can change it from eevee to cycles by clicking the icon that looks like a TV on the right :smiley:

1 Like

I’m using Cycles, why it doesn’t look like im not doing it in cycles is because im not in rendered view.

1 Like

oh alright. Try adding a sun lamp with an angle of around 60°, or you can edit it later! Most people change the contrast, brightness, and vibrance etc in softwares like photoshop or photopea

1 Like

alright so go into rendered view, and also use hdris

1 Like

then you can add a sun lamp and match the direct with the hdri for more depth

1 Like

Here is a video Blender 2.8 How to setup an hdri environment background - YouTube

can you show the rendered viewport?
if you’re scared that one of us is going to steal your art, slap a watermark of your name on it in paint or photoshop

1 Like

heres the rendered thing, I used a HDRI and a sun lamp, its not edited so its not the best, but I still dont really like it that much, ill edit it and see how it looks. Also one thing is that plain colors like the fountain appear a bit glitched out and have little points of them, I tried to up the samples but still didnt work.

1 Like

Hey! I’ll give you some tips to maybe improve the rendering view!!

• Try and use nodes and custom textures to spice up your render. You can use ambient occlusion, bloom and so much more!!

• Another thing you could try is emission planes, they help me a lot too, however, area lights and sun lights work best also!!

• Make sure your using Cycles, Eevee is not really the best of detail in graphics!!

There are many tutorials online on how to do these things!!

Here’s a render with all of the features suggested above.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Will be sure to use it, also can you have bloom in Cycles?

Yes you can, just go to your camera settings and you should see the effect pop right up!!

Also here’s the final render of it if your interested.

1 Like

Never knew that, thanks a ton for the feedback! Also that render looks very nice!

1 Like