How to make inventory like CSGO?

I want to create a script in Roblox that controls the behavior of the inventory. The inventory must be constantly updated when the player adds items to his backpack. Weapon squares, consisting of a viewing frame showing the side of the weapon in real time, should be displayed in the inventory. Clicking on the square of the weapon should provide the player’s character with a weapon, having previously removed the item in the character. In addition, players should be able to scroll through the inventory using the mouse wheel, and the selected weapon should instantly appear in the character.

In general, as in CS GO.

The problem is that I have no idea how to do it.

What ideas do you have?

2 Likes

Scripting support is for specific questions. You clearly already know what you want, so try looking up tutorials or winging it.

3 Likes

Hey man, don’t be such a douche, he’s just asking for ideas on how to do it, not for someone to do it for him.

A general idea for inventories in general is to have the server store a table/dictionary of the items the player owns. As to the weapon selection, you could detect mouse scrolls and then have some client → server communication to accordingly switch the players weapons.

3 Likes

I’m not being a douche, I’m just letting him know that this isn’t the place. If you want to do it for him, I have nothing against that

1 Like

I’m not asking for scripts, but first of all I’m asking for ideas, as this is a rather complicated topic.

Oh okay in that case, I can give you some help.
First, you’ll need to create a custom inventory UI rather than using Roblox’s.
To achieve the “viewing frame”, you can just use a ViewportFrame with a clone of the weapon.
For the scrolling, you can listen for Enum.UserInputType.MouseWheel input and then use a Remote event to give the tool from a server script.