How to make lowpoly houses without blender

Hello, Im floxxydev, Im interested to know if you guys in the community know how to make lowpoly houses without blender.
This is the type of lowpoly house im trying to make.

-3D Curves.
-Cartoony feel to the house.

If you know how to do it Please teach me the basics.

-Sincerely Floxxydev.
5 Likes

First of all you should imitate using proper 3d modeling software , that is by using all the tricks you can , you should also use cornerwedges , wedges and regular bricks to make curvy looking style.
You should 100% avoid using spheres and cylindres with cornerwedges and wedges since that would create sharp look which is not suitable for low poly.
Also you should use really bright colors.

1 Like

By the way if you really want to do low poly you should definitely learn blender (or some other 3d modeling software) , even basics will do.
Check out this thread : What is the easiest way to learn blender?

I don’t make low poly houses with Blender. Every single house I’ve made is made in ROBLOX Studio.
These are some examples of my low poly builds
(they are definitely not the best, and i’ve improved on the models after the creation of these houses):
6ae0027e49124a9d18a5c6a633a95126d97846c3_2_690x440
21db0f3035ddb2e06686cd927177e5fb3db98934_2_690x445

With that being said, as @bachovar123 mentioned, you should use corner wedges e.t.c to get a curvy look.

To get a Cartoony feel to your build, you should:

1. Use Smooth Plastic & Neon
  2. Use Cartoony/Bright Colours
  3. Change the Lighting in your place to give it a more cartoony feel.
    A great post displaying how good lighting can be used to give cartoony feels is this: https://twitter.com/HolidayPwner/status/730483957335199745
  4. Don’t use a lot of parts compared to materialized buildings with an immense amount of parts. (which is what low poly means, to use less parts/polygons depending on what you’re making.)

Making Low Poly houses can be compared to making houses with materials, but as I said, with less parts and using smooth plastic and neon.

All I can say if you’re struggling to build low poly houses, you just need to practice. Practicing and spending time on not only building houses, but on multiple stuff for others is what made them improve significantly on their work.

I hope I helped a little, and I wish goodluck to your future builds. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You can of course make Low Poly everywhere, as it simply means “low tri count” structures, so basically, You have to use a variety of parts like corner wedges, wedges, rotated parts etc, Ofc, it depends on what type of house you are building, if it is a simple 4 walled square house and with a slope roof, that’s easy but if you wanna make more complex cartoony low poly houses, You can do that with a bunch of bricks and spheres and wedges
Honestly, it is not hard at all and i have made majority houses in studio itself.
Using blender is only a case when you are making the house in a way it is not possible in studio or when you want to save time

1 Like

You can do low-poly structures in pretty much any software, including Roblox Studio. I made this building (kind of low-poly and cartoony) entirely in Studio.

Pictures

Basically, just make sure you have reference material and then just go for it. Don’t worry about messing up on it or anything and you’ll be surprised by the result.

1 Like

Just use wedges, and have more curvature, plus bricks on the outside. Honestly, blender helps you with so much more than cartoony houses. It’s a really great tool everyone should learn.

But if you reeaally don’t want to, just place a part (brickA), and put two wedges on two sides of the said part. Then, place another part (brickB) on top of brickA, and another two wedges on the top part of brickB. This allows you to create the basic house simply and quickly.

I understand this is hard to get, and it almost seems like rambling. But the main part of the center house pictured illustrates it really well. With just 6 parts, you can make the base of it.

Then, just work on the roof, add some cartoony windows/door, then place bricks around it!

3 Likes

Hey, How did you do the roof?

Btw, Thank you!

1 Like

It looks like CornerWedges on the roof.

You made this using blender?

-If not teach me your ways!

Sort of (Used both blender and Studio), but it’s easily recreatable in studio.

Here’s a mock-up of what it would look like in parts.

If I could pay you via robux/paypal will you teach me blender?

-I used to script I’ve decided to build.

I can blend trees ect.
I can make lowpoly terrian.

No need.

@HoudiniDev made beautiful tutorials on the topic that taught me myself. These are the ONLY tutorials I watched to learn blender, although this may be different for others.

First Steps

More advanced, used to make nice-looking trees.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Many respect good luck on future builds!

@SloppyBadUsername2

Just remember: Practice, Practice.

It takes a ton of practice to iron out and learn the commands and tricks. It’s almost a daily effort. Remember to keep pushing and push through, even if you don’t want to.

1 Like

Im going to try using your format.

Alright. Good luck my friend!!

1 Like

Want to work together, I watch you build?

I mean you don’t have to.
If you have time?

Sorry man, I’m busy with commissions. Also, it’s really difficult to find time anymore to develop with school. I do wish you luck, though! My DMs are always open for questions.

Sloppybadusername2#3038