How to make models render in lower quality

im recreating a scenario that exists in real life, but it contains too much detailing

how could i implement something that makes certain models render in lower quality?

Could you elaborate further on what you mean by detailing, or perhaps provide screenshots? It’s a little ambiguous to me.

1 Like

Well, it completely depends on what you’re making the scene with.

Are you using Meshes? If so, you could lower the tri count in Blender (many ways to do this, quick way is decimate modifier). Could also uncheck double sided if not needed.

Something that applies to really everything is collisions. If you don’t need collisions for something, make sure there are NO collisions whatsoever, and setting the CollisionFidelity to Box if a mesh.

Likewise, if an object doesn’t need Shadows, remove them.
Try not to have parts in between the transparency of 0-1 (i.e., 0.3), unless needed.

These are small optimizations but should do something if there are many objects within the scene.
What’ll help most though is most likely reducing tri count in Blender (for meshes and such).

You can modify the RenderFidelity property, setting it to performant, if it’s a mesh.

also this is all assuming that by detailing you mean too many objects, otherwise that would be a seperate issue)

mostly parts, the main problem im dealing with is dealing with the “background” buildings that i really did not want them to be visible at all, tried depth effect and could not achieve what i wanted, do you have any suggestion?

red boxes are what i wanted to hide but at the same time make it look like there’s something there (not sure if i explained it well)

You want to have a background without having tons of actual geometry, is what you’re saying?

If so, you can use skyboxes of a city or just simple parts, scale them, and then slap a texture of a building onto them. You can fake windows, roofs, really anything with textures as long as it’s not seen from close up.

fake buildings? low poly? oh yeah

2 Likes

that tutorial is something else :sweat_smile:

1 Like