How to make more realistic building windows?

These are what they currently look like:

I know, it’s dark in this one

What I want to achieve is something like this

I have considered making the windows reflective of its surroundings (including other buildings), but decided not to for performance reasons. But I want to achieve a more realistic look when it comes to windows from the buildings, especially the lights

Also, yes, I have considered making interiors but I don’t feel a reason too as they will be inaccessible, and I don’t know if using decals or surfaceGUIs are suitable as I have to make my own images or find one, and even the latter won’t do any better

1 Like

You can use the BloomEffect in lighting and make them glow extremely well. I suggest enabling it only at night because it may not translate well for the day time.

1 Like

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Better looking glowing windows (if so, BullfrogBait’s solution should work fine)? Better reflectivity? Elaboration would help, as the image that you want to achieve doesn’t really say anything.

1 Like

Yes, something like that too, with the reflectivity (not the one that reflects its surroundings). Also how to make them look more visually appealing, as I’ve seen skyscraper windows peer into the inside, but that would take too much time for me to build and also be performance-heavy and pointless as they will be inaccessible

Maybe make the neon brick a little more white and adding a typical vignette decal on it and a billboard gui with a spark looking texture might help but might not be what you want

Since these buildings are very large and these windows are likely quite high off the ground, you could build very low-detail interiors out of just blocks, and then make the windows slightly transparent; not too much, both so you can keep the yellow glow and to mask how simple the interiors really are.

If you don’t want to take that route, you could try making custom window textures with silhouettes of interiors in them.