How to make my game profitable

Profitability
My game has a Average revenue per DAU of 0.72 Robux… I don’t think thats too good. It has a RPV of 0.95 too. My game is a unique catch on simulators, you run to the end of a tunnel, get coins, buy faster speed, (with more content) but I hear they make around 1.5 Robux per visit.

My Sponsored ads have a cost of 2.5 robux per play, so I’m not making any money (other than search and discovery - my game has 1-8 concurrent players) Be Crushed by a Speeding Wall - Roblox is my game. Ignore the cluncky UI, I haven’t published my new update (It’s a massive revamp of UI and Pets) other than that I’m not sure what makes my revenue so little. Average retention is 10 minutes, which seems alright to me?

1 Like

First, 0.95 RPV is very good! Most Roblox games get 0.2-0.5 RPV, and the retention is good but could be better.
If you want to improve the monetization thought, I would make the VIP gamepass way more attractive by lowering the price to 300 robux, and make the coin boosts developer products instead of gamepasses, I would also put trails and gamepass signs on the holes you have to enter to escape the angry wall.

3 Likes

Thanks thats actually some really good advice, when you say double coins do you mean like double coins for 5 minutes or a certain time? Oh and sad update, the retention is around 5-6 minutes, (phone - 4, tablet - 5, computer - 8/9) But I think if I improve the tutorial then it will be better!

1 Like

Exactly! I would recommend putting 30min boosts for, let´s say 60-80 robux, I would also clear a little bit the map, I like the desing, but I think the spawn is a little bit messy, maybe moving some stuff or a red carpet could help.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of maybe removing the trees and spacing it out a bit more, thanks

1 Like

Well, for starters, I bought the Blue Trail and isn’t showing, so that kind of killed my mood to spend any more on the game. Why didn’t it equip automatically? It says to equip in Shop Menu, but in Shop I only see bolts. Tutorial (and general UI) was pretty glitchy and you probably could just show arrows for new people instead of making players deal with unresponsive UI.

Adding trail shops in the safe zones was a terrible idea UX-wise, because now your fast-paced gameplay gets ocassionally interrupted with a BUY popup, even when I already own the trail that is not working. At least make the zones bigger or activate the purchase events with a timer.

It’s kind of obvious that the game was made only with monetization in mind.

Is there a place to read more about various Roblox game stats like that? I know my game is performing poorly, but I wonder how poorly.

Not really, I know from experience, here’s some RPV averages:
Simulators: 1-3
Tycoons: 1-2
Obbys: 0.2-0.5
Story games: 0.4-1
I will consider bad anything below 0.1, and good something above 0.6

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, you are right in saying monetization is in mind as I’m advertising with robux and I don’t really know how to make it profitable. Anyways I see what you mean by the pop ups interrupting the gameplay, also the Trails are in the game pass menu so I see how I haven’t made it clear enough. Thanks

Can you please tell me what is an RPV?

In this case it means Robux Per Visit

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.