How to make on room DARK and the others bright?

Basically I need one room to look like this,

and another one look like this.

But when I try to do this the bright rooms end up looking like this.

The way I would do this is by changing the ambient colors to (0,0,0), but when I do this you can’t see the roof. I could add a surface light facing the roof in each of the rooms, but when an entity goes by (Im remaking rooms), I want the lights to break separately, instead of all the lights in the room breaking at the same time. That means I would need to add multiple lights facing the roof, which would cause there to be a lot more components in the workspace, making the game get a lot more glitchy and possibly getting a timeout in my generation script. Anyone know a solution to this?

5 Likes

Is the dark room close to the lit up room?

2 Likes

The only way of changing this is by somehow changing the lighting conditions for when you walk into the room.

If you don’t want scripts to change this, then make sure the dark room either isn’t near the lit up room, and have a shut door and tinted windows preventing any light from sinking in.

But if you don’t want the doors shut or anything… Then you’re out of luck…

That’s just the way the Roblox Lighting System works.

3 Likes

Yea i did hear in another post that if you have two parts that are colliding it actually make the ambient lighting script to turn off or glitch out try separating pieces but your best bet is to make a script that controls ambient lighting depending on witch part of the map you actually in like set a trigger that when crossed it loads in assets and unload others you can combine this with a script that basically changes the lighting smoother i would also suggest somthing like interpolating the lighting properties depending on were your standing.

I figured it out, I added an attachment with a point light and pasted it in all of the lights. It fixed the problem of the ceiling being too dark

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.