How to make ParticleEmitter emit several seconds in advance?

Hello
Is there a way to make a particle emitter immediately emit multiple particles as if it has been emitting for 5 seconds already?
I know that I can use Emit method to spawn multiple particles, but they will need several seconds to travel some distance. I need to activate the emitter and the effect to be as if it has been emitting already for several seconds (not only the number of particles, but also their position away from the emitter).

Thanks in advance

try setting transparency to 1 and use the :Emit() function then wait a few seconds and then set transparency to 0

For performance reasons I do not enable the emitter before the player enters the area.
I want to enable the emitter upon entering and the area immediately to be filled with parts at a certain distance from the emitter

Set the Transparency to 1 and then set it to 0 right afterwards in the properties, by clicking on the three dots when you hover over Transparency

i didn’t say to enable nor disable the particle emitter, i just said set it to transparency 1 before emitting, and then wait some time and set transparency to 0 so it looks like it has been emitting for 5 seconds

Not sure that I understand this
Do you mean that the emitter should be enabled and emitting all the time, but with Transparency = 1 (and this would not have any impact on performance), and when the player enters the area - I must change the Transparency to a non zero value (number sequence)?

I need to manage this in a script in game.
I already have a Number Sequence attached to the Transparency

If the emitter is working non-stop, normally it should fill the area with particles for around 5 seconds.
However I would like to reduce the performance impact, when the player is not in the area.
But I still want the area to be filled with particles when the player enters it.

Or may be I should not worry at all about this if Roblox optimizes this somehow internally…

yup. i don’t think setting transparencies would affect performance, but only the amount of particles emitted