How to make parts move with the player?

Hello, I have been having a problem that people have requested me to fix. My moving parts in my obby The Gauntlet(End Screen) - Roblox won’t move with the player. How do I fix this?

6 Likes

You can weld parts to the player. Weld | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

This’ll make a part move with the player.

Will this make the player stuck to the part? I don’t want it to, just to move with the part

You can make the player stuck to a part, however, you can also make the part stuck to the player.

How would I script this though?

Go with @sloss2003’s solution …

But I asked how to script this?

hmm go to this page

1 Like

We’re here to give you information, not make the code for you. There are tons of resources on the devform that’ll tell you how to do this.

Help with Welding Armor to a player is a post someone has made asking how to do it, helps if you try to see how other people have done it before.

1 Like

If we are provided with code that YOU made, then we can help.

1 Like

block = script.Parent
local a = 0
repeat
block.Rotation = Vector3.new( 0, a, 0)
wait(.01) – we wait .2 seconds,
a = a+1

until pigs == 1

1 Like

Use local when you making variables
local block = script.Parent
Otherwise system will think its part of something else and boom u got errors

1 Like

Don’t do this when you can weld, it’s unnecessary code.

How would I add the weld in my code?

Read this, this is a new method of welding.

what part of the humanoid should I weld

I recommend HumanoidRootPart
over30chars

I’m not a great scripter yet, so could you show me how to do this in the code I provided above?

There are a few ways to do welds, either make them in studio with no code required, or instance one via Instance.new. To be specific, the Part1 of a weld will stick to the Part0 of a weld, both of which are properties of the new weld you just created. I advise reading on developer hub about weld as linked a few posts before me to get a better understanding of them and how to use them.